is 600 calories for breakfast too much?

Options
today for breakfast i had:
- three slices of black bread
- on one slice i put cheese (37 cals for one triangle)
- on the second one i put chicken pate
- and then on the third one i put some peanut butter and had a glass of milk
I was just wondering if this is too much? I don't eat alot during the day either.

Replies

• blyons14
    blyons14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "too much" is subjective and depends totally on personal caloric goals and what you eat for the rest of the day/week. If your goals are 1300 kcal/day, you may want to consider balancing your meals better for ease of planning. If your goals are 2500 kcal/day, that would be a pretty balanced meal. Again, it's ultimately CI/CO and depends on how you prefer to eat your calories.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It sounds delicious. You will know if it was too much if you run out of your assigned calories before dinner.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    nor at all, I like to have between 600-700 for breakfast to fuel my day. Depends on your daily goal and how many meals you prefer
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Counting calories puts YOU in charge of what you eat. You're not accountable to anyone else. You just have to consider this:
    Are you hitting, without exceeding, your total calories, quite effortlessly, every day?
    Are you healthy - do you feel strong and energized?
    Do you feel satisfied - somewhat full after each meal, empty between meals, hungry before meals?
    Are you happy and relaxed? Do you like what you eat, and do you allow yourself to enjoy it?
    Are you maintaining a normal weight - or if you're under- or overweight, are you gaining/losing at a reasonable rate?
    Are you eating food that is easy to attain/prepare? Is it socially acceptable, and in line with your ethical values?
    If all these produce a "yes", you're good to go.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    No. Why would it be?

Whilst being serious into bodybuilding my breakfast was usually 1000-1200 calories