where have all the motivated people gone?

Options
2»

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I joined about a week ago. Looking to lose 10 -15 pounds.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WE CAN ALL MOTIVATE EACHOTHER!
  • angelabelew
    angelabelew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I am in Newport Beach, CA.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well I am in Newport Beach, CA.
    That would be a bit of a commute just for some running partners. :-)

Look at that site I mentioned, though. You might find someone closer.
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    In a couple of days, I will make my 260th straight day logging my foods here. Since joining this site, I have lost an addition 50+ lbs to the 140 I had already lost.

I say that because I totally understand what you mean when you say that something has to "click" for your motivation and stick-to-it-ism to hit and stay. No matter what the other MFP people you know are doing .. keep yourself focused and never lose site of what you are trying to achieve.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's true, some people are not really ready to make the permanent life changes necessary to be fit. Something has to "click". I have made lots of MFP friends, and many have been really committed and inspirational to me. The people I friend who consistently eat fast food and don't exercise, I delete. It may sound mean, but I can't help them, and that frustrates me! I've been on this site and staying motivated since April. My counter shows only about 10 days because I often go off the grid into the wilderness for weekend kayak trips. Good luck in meeting your goals! Friend me if you need another healthy friend! :flowerforyou:
  • nlh091
    nlh091 Posts: 1
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am motivation on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angelabelew
    angelabelew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will check and see what I can find. Thanks.