Weight not changing

So, every time I weigh myself (once a month at the beginning of the month), my weight doesn’t shift more than 0.5 lbs up or down. I’ve been working out 3-5 days per week alternating weights and cardio on different days. My tracking is pretty spot on for food minus the last couple weeks. I almost always come in under my calorie goal by 100 or more because I don’t eat until after I work so I generally only eat lunch and dinner and maybe a snack here and there.
I’m looking for slim down tips. I know the whole higher reps burn fat and lower reps build muscle. I don’t do any less than 12 reps per set and I do 4 sets for each individual workout. But pretty much all information is welcome! TIA!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Higher reps don't burn more fat than lower reps if you chose lighter weights. And weight training that doesn't get you to where you just about manage to do your reps is fairly useless. Or lets put it that way: I'm sure you can deadlift your bodyweight with a bit of training. 160lbs? If you do 10 reps with a 10lbs weight then you only shift 100lbs. That's less mass moved and less calories burned. Plus you probably use less muscles for that than for a complex lift.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings