Best time to Work Out??

shanerunner40
shanerunner40 Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I work funny hours, from 7pm--330am. Ive been doing Barrys Boot Camp the past 3 days. Im wondering what time would be the best time to work out? When I get home at 4am, or 5pm, before I go to work. The past 3 days, Ive got up @ 9am, and worked out. But then Im kinda wired, and its hard to fall back to sleep. Any suggestions??

Replies

• I work funny hours, from 7pm--330am. Ive been doing Barrys Boot Camp the past 3 days. Im wondering what time would be the best time to work out? When I get home at 4am, or 5pm, before I go to work. The past 3 days, Ive got up @ 9am, and worked out. But then Im kinda wired, and its hard to fall back to sleep. Any suggestions??
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Hey,
    I always go after work at 5.30pm... if i go on the weekend i usually go in the morning, but end up with a headache in the afternoon:grumble: .. Trust me i drink plenty of water!!!

Thats what i do..

:heart: Katherine
  • Thanks for the advice. Im going to try the 5pm time frame and see how that works out.

Cheers,
    Shane
  • exercise either before you go to bed or before you go to work. Those are the best time to work out. on your off time/day off workout any time you want.

hope that help:smile:

145315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter :sad:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I work funny hours, from 7pm--330am. Ive been doing Barrys Boot Camp the past 3 days. Im wondering what time would be the best time to work out? When I get home at 4am, or 5pm, before I go to work. The past 3 days, Ive got up @ 9am, and worked out. But then Im kinda wired, and its hard to fall back to sleep. Any suggestions??

When my brother worked nights he would workout when he got off at work. He had a membership at a 24/7 gym--

Or you could workout before work but not get up too early cause you still have to stay up late into the night
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    I say anytime of the day you take to work out will have the same bennys. I have to balance my time between work , wife, and two young kids. So when I get to hit my work outs it is about 9:00 pm. After Im done I have a lot of energy, so it is hard for me to go to bed. Im up every mornin by 4:30 am.... I found that a hot *kitten* shower will help you calm down. Or try reading a book or mag without the Tv on..

Good Luck :drinker: JOK :drinker:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I find it easier to wake up when I work out in the morning ... which would translate to at night for you. Or whenever it is that you wake up. I've had "off" work schedules like that, and it makes it really hard to function within the rest of the world, so I understand. My day feels best when I wake up and workout within an hour of waking up (I also do my grocery shopping early in the morning ... it's just who I am). Try some different times and see what works best! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.