P90x work outs

Options
Hi All! I've just started tracking my weight loss on myfitnesspal....super excited. But I'm also doing the p90x work outs. I have no idea how many calories I burn doing these work outs. Does anyone have any idea what I can compare so I can enter it as accurately as possible on the exercise tab? I noticed that the p90x recipes are in the database but not the work outs. Help! Thanks bunches

Replies

• JeanWalker109
    Options
    You could maybe compare them to intense weight lifting, or maybe even more of an intense circuit training.

Good luck, dude!

*smiles*

Jean
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity, and the calorie burns that people post on here vary widely...... my heart rate monitor puts me at 365 and other people post 650 calories for the same workout. When I do the plyo P90X, I never get above the high 300's.

The best advise I can give, and others will give as well, is to get a HRM.
  • tackerman
    Options
    Great suggestion..thanks
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. Everybody burns calories at a different rate. It also has a lot to do with how hard you push yourself. Good luck
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i personally log my P90X workouts as "aerobics, high impact"

I would get a HRM if you can, I don't have one so this is what I do ^^^ :)
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    like others have said, i recommend a heart rate monitor because along with everyone being different, as you get further into the p90x program, you'll actually burn less calories per workout (sucks, but the HRM helps with letting you know how hard you're working).

but, before i got the monitor, I would log all of the strength dvds as "circuit training, general," the cardio days (plyometrics and kenpo) as "aerobics high impact," core synergistics as "aerobics, general," and cardio x as 10 minutes of yoga, 15 minutes of aerobics high intensity, and 10 minutes of aerobics general.

hope that helps!
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in my final week of P90X, and I haven't used a heart rate monitor either. I have been logging 400 calories for cardio days and 450 for strength training when I do abs too. I think those numbers are a little low, but I have been eating most of those calories back. So far, I have lost over 20 pounds and that seems to be working for me, but like the others said, a HRM will give you the most accurate information. Good luck with the program, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OH, and one more thing... be sure to take before pictures now. It would have been really nice to take "before" pictures specifically to compare to the ones I can take now, but I regret that I didn't do it. Trust me, stick with the program and you will see a BIG difference.