Tells me this gets better.

Options
2»

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Both. Cross training is a good thing. Try to sweat every day (rest as needed). If you are new to weights, go slow and light--it's easy to over do it with enthusiasm. Cardio helps with weight loss and heart/blood test health--do what's least heinous. As you reduce your body fat you will increase your workout duration and intensity naturally. I'm 58 and have been doing this since Carter was President--habits!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    no - it is what it is.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It takes 21 days to develop a habit. 3 weeks is going to be super tough and you will not be able to keep consistent until you get through the 21 days. After that, you will be totally addicted to fitness and start to explore different variations, whether it's weights, crossfit, yoga, etc. Just keep at it and force yourself to go to the gym, it will start to come natural
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Start with both weights and cardio. Cardio to help burn calories so you can eat more, strength so you lose more fat and less muscle.

I started with just cardio and should have added weights much earlier than I did.

For ME, I'm doing Strong lifts 5x5 3 days a week and running 4 days a week (excluding this week as I kinda hurt myself).
  • DavidJohnson29
    DavidJohnson29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    it gets much better just stick with it--once you start to see results it becomes very motivating, almost adicting
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hate not going to workout. I actually have to make myself take rest days. Keep going, don’t do anything crazy that you get injured and in a month it will be something you have to do.