Anyone else keto?

Options
I’m Sommer and started keto on February 17 of this year. I have lost 32 pounds and feel great. I also do the intermittent fasting and looking for others on the same journey!

Replies

• stpetenative
    stpetenative Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dendes47
    dendes47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow. I hurt my back a few years ago and have really struggled with weight gain. Done the research and decided to try a Keto diet. Today is my first official day. If I could loose 30 - 50 pounds, I would buy back most of my pre-injury ability.
  • PkitD
    PkitD Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi there! I’m also on keto. I started 10 days ago and I’m feeling great! I moved to another country 1 year ago and stopped working. I gained a lot of weight and my old diets weren’t working. I hope this one does. Good job everyone !
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Once you get going it isn't so hard to cut out the pasta and potatoes - Creamy sauces on proteins work great. Find recipes online. I make cream cheese/almond flour pancakes - smother them in Cream Cheese and butter - YUM and you don't even realize it's a keto recipe. Had a bday at work and made keto vanilla cupcakes - no one knew the difference and I was able to partake with the rest of the group. My day is - keto pancakes with cream cheese and coffee with cream (real cream) for breakfast. Lunch - salad with avocado and olives and homemade ranch dressing - sometimes I add tuna. Dinner - whatever protein my hubby makes usually with cream sauce and a lot of veggies. I'm not hungry - ever anymore. Heck I ate a salad yesterday and never ate dinner - was too busy - and made it all the way til lunch today. The trick really is getting your fat content HIGH enough to stay full.
  • swalker0776
    swalker0776 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am Stacie and i have been doing Keto for 4 months. Lost 20 lbs then plateaued. Figured out that counting macros and adding more exercise were my next move to kick back into ketosis.
  • summertyme73
    summertyme73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    I'm doing low carb under 50 grams of carb. Plan to start keto Monday. I also do intermittent fasting.

I also do IF. I usually eat once a day! How bout you?
  • summertyme73
    edited April 2018
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    I'm doing low carb under 50 grams of carb. Plan to start keto Monday. I also do intermittent fasting.

I also do IF, I only eat once a day.
    Sorry, I did it twice
  • summertyme73
    Options
    I want to start keto. But I'm going to need a lot of support to get over the first few weeks. Starches like pasta and potatoes are my favorite foods but I'm trying to be healthier and lose some weight. Glad I found a group with some other new keto starters. :smile:

I was the same way and I didn't miss it at all!
  • Focus83
    Focus83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey im doing keto too. Been doing it since start of March. Have lost almost 2 stones. Got alot of weight to lose though so long journey ahead. Have only been tracking macros for last 3 weeks and feel so much better as theres more control. Before i was definitely eating too much.
  • newway2b
    newway2b Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to start keto as well.. I was IF'ing for about 5 months last year and lost weight easily.. but I got jaw pain from clenching rather than suppressing emotions with food :).. so I stopped.. I was IF'ing for 20/4 .. but think I was probably drinking too much black coffee.. now drinking less coffee and loads more water. have you guys bought keto books to get you started or just googled stuff?
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am doing keto as well trying to get to my Basic Academy Weight. Add me keep me going.
  • SpacyStacyMay
    SpacyStacyMay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto! I'm down 19.8 lbs in two weeks! I would love a community to share with, encourage and get encouragement!
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto journey as well. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsashleyvasquez
    mrsashleyvasquez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started Keto today! Just finished my grocery shopping and made some baked avocado eggs. Feel free to add me! I need accountability :smile:
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started keto like two weeks ago. And I love it. There is so much to learn about this diet. So much science to back it up. I to want to start fasting, once a day will be hard at first but like keto I adapted fast.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group