Today, not tomorrow!

Options
Hey!
My name’s Nichole, I’m 23 years old, and I’m here to help keep track of macros and learn more about nutrition, fitness, and just overall health and how to keep track of it.
I would like to lean out a little bit and then gain muscle through the right healthy eating habits and weightlifting/HIIT.
I would love advice on how to make sure to get enough protein intake throughout the day and the right training routine through the week in order to gain muscle. I’ll also always take any great song suggestions for my workout playlist!
“Overcomer is my name and overcoming is my game.”

Replies

• britcanuck14
    britcanuck14 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I always had problems trying to eat enough protein/calories whilst also trying to eat healthy. Ended up drinking a lot of milk, though I'm not sure that was the best idea!!
  • HuntMichael
    HuntMichael Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey... Good luck with your fitness regime
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Protein intake is easy once you try. Find what you like that fits within your calorie limit and provides enough protein to hit your goals, then eat it! A great thread on protein costs/sources/bang for the buck:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also/p1

As for training, that would depend quite a bit on your goals. For the lifting part, a great thread for that one is here:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Just the use of the term HIIT in here often sparks debate on what real HIIT is. But if you do intend to do really high intensity stuff, keep in mind the recovery demands and how that would factor in with lifting routines and the associated recovery with them as well. Sometimes setting up a schedule that works towards all goals can be tricky, but it can usually be done.

There are plenty of great resources to be found in the forums. Sometimes searching finds them, sometimes just luck bumps up great older threads.

As for the music, way too much stuff and it varies with each person. I like the quicker paced heavy rock/classic rock/metal for when I'm working out.
  • robw1974
    robw1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll combine some above advice about drinking a lot of milk, but mention that this morning I both had milk in my smoothie as well as whey which is an additional source of protein. After a recent -- period -- where I was unable to take care of teeth as well, it feels like with the extra protein I've been fitting in, my teeth (and body/mind) are feeling better. One warning about whey, I've heard, depening perhaps on the kind of whey, sometimes overdoing whey powder CAN lead to problems like anxiety, and perhaps other issues. Everything, they say, in moderation I suppose.
  • AAScores
    AAScores Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Boxed egg whites.. very helpful!!
  • Lee1st1974
    Lee1st1974 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    My name’s Nichole, I’m 23 years old, and I’m here to help keep track of macros and learn more about nutrition, fitness, and just overall health and how to keep track of it.
    I would like to lean out a little bit and then gain muscle through the right healthy eating habits and weightlifting/HIIT.
    I would love advice on how to make sure to get enough protein intake throughout the day and the right training routine through the week in order to gain muscle. I’ll also always take any great song suggestions for my workout playlist!
    “Overcomer is my name and overcoming is my game.”

Hi there, attitude and mental state is half the bsttle, you have a great attitude to achieve your goals, there is a world or support and information out there, you just have to ask and you will get an answer. If you would like motivation and support feel free to add me. Good luck.