Got rid of my diabetes

Options
After suffering with diabeties for 15 years I was told last week that through diet and exercise I am no longer diabetic. I have lost four and a half stone to date. I still have a bit to go but I’m so pleased that my health is getting better, it’s given me the boost to carry on. The full story of my struggle is on simply gym gorseinon face book have a look it may inspire u if u are in a similar position that I was in. 74w99mbif5k4.jpeg
rfutg3kvjflo.jpeg
This app has helped me stay on the straight and narrow! Many thanks.

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your doctor must be thrilled
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I am a Type 1 so insulin dependant! Since following MFP and doing Cico as well as logging very closely.......I went from 8.5 A1C to 7.1 A1C.
    I know this logging everything has to be for life to keep me in order!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    jojo6mfp wrote: »
    That’s awesome , I was told I was diabetic last year and last week I got my levels below diabetic levels and off medication using my diet . I was also told that once you’re diagnosed diabetic you’re always diabetic no matter what your blood levels, your pancreas is still not working, Is this not true?

Type 2 still have a working pancreas but is working harder because of fat. Once fat is controlled and eliminated and carbs are controlled you are reversed.
    But....if weight and fat reappears back to diabetes mode.
    Type 1 is vastly different. Pancreas does NOT function and insulin injections are mandatory.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Congratulations on taking control, lovely lady.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story, great results congratulations :)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on changes!

I was T2D for YEARS (age 40 on)
    At age 65 2013 I began diet/exercise and off all Rx meds last year. Just made GW from 376 to 183! Love aqua aerobics and swimming laps.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love these stories. I beat it too, just in time!
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! You should be so proud of yourself :) I wish my brother would do this! He's in the same situation.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats. These success stories are awesome to witness
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!