Best foods for reducing tummy fat.

Hi there. What's the best type of foods for reducing tummy fat. I'm post menopausal with an underactive thyroid.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Pammiekatz wrote: »
    Hi there. What's the best type of foods for reducing tummy fat. I'm post menopausal with an underactive thyroid.

The type that satisfy you and allow you to stay within your calorie goal.

You lose fat by eating less calories than you burn. And you can't spot reduce from any particular area of your body by eating certain foods or doing certain exercises.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    There are no certain foods that reduce or increase any body fat. Just the amounts.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Tummy fat is no different to any other fat; it's all just fat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Gas and/or bloat is completely different than belly FAT. But yes, you can develop sensitivities to different foods over the years.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks for your insights!!!
  • marysel928
    marysel928 Posts: 3 Member
    I too am struggling with belly fat. I have cal max of 1,200 and gym hit workouts twice a week and horse training on weekends. I am 51 and fit, but this fat around my waist won’t melt. I eat clean and healthy. What’s up with that?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    belly fat may also take time to come off. its been almost 5 years and Im just now losing the last little bit of my belly fat. still have some on my hips and thighs, its improving too though.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    lizzyfit2 wrote: »
    Search the web for "belly bloat". Its real.
    Its caused by certain food types, and preprocessed food chemicals.
    I know because I'm very allergic to these foods, the bloat is horrid, painful, no cheating allowed.
    But seems many suffer this to varying degrees, not necessarily full blown allergic, but "sensitive"?
    Might I suggest print off a list of known "bloating" foods from the web, and eliminate them to see if theres a difference? It shouldn't take too long to see , bloating usually happens within hours of eating/drinking the wrong thing.

Dont think because you may have never had intolerance before, you couldnt have it now.
    I got really sick a few years ago after spine surgery, reaction to meds given, trashed my guts. I've had big food allergies ever since.
    I know even accidental mixups cause my guts to blow up 3-6" in just an hour or so. After its cleared, fluids and about 24 hours, it all goes down flat. I dont cheat on purpose, just not worth the pain or stress.
    Good luck

you have those issues because you are allergic to those things,so its causing a reaction. what bloats one person may not bloat another(no matter what foods say they cause bloat). and some bloating can be caused by medical issues not foods. also if a person eats more fiber than they are used to it can cause bloating and abdominal pain,gas,etc. you cannot say its caused by pre processed food and certain food types. its not the case for everyone. I can eat a lot of broccoli and not have any issues.,but let me drink a lot of carbonated beverages and boom I bloat and end up hurting which is why I limit them
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    I agree with above posters about the sad truth that you can't "spot reduce". But what about foods that reduce that "bloated" feeling? Any suggestions for foods to avoid to not feel bloated? I often drink La Croix type drink (sparkling water), because it's calorie free but someone told me recently that it can bloat you! I don't want to believe it... and sorry for diet of changing the subject, OP!

it can If I drink too many carbonate beverages I end up bloating and in pain. I dont like lacroix I do the bubly flavored waters but I have to limit it to like 2 a day or Im in pain
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    There's times I eat or drink something and end up looking 6 months pregnant! Not sure if its too much fiber or food sensitivities,it's gross tho and usually gone the next day