Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello Friends! Help me lose weight!

Hi guys, my name is Daniela. I just turned 25 and have been having a hard time losing weight. I eat healthy and exercise but the scale wont budge! I have a fitbit and would love to be texting workout/health buddy if anyone is interested! Give me some tips on how to kick start this weight loss! Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You don't "kick start" weight loss, weight loss is a slow process that takes commitment, honesty and patience. You can exercise and eat as "healthy" as you like - if you're not in a consistentl calorie deficit, you won't lose weight. Set up your account, use a food scale, and hit your calorie goal. Then weigh yourslef regularly and learn how to see through water weight fluctuations.
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    edited April 2018
    Absolutely what Kom says, but don't be discouraged. Losing weight is a process, and assuming you're at a decent weight as it is, you can only expect to lose so much a month!

Don't get the paralysis by analysis on this, it's a 'Trust the process' type of thing and you'll get it!

Keep being an butt (apparently we can't swear on here) kicker! I'm always down for meeting new people to chat about health and fitness! I'd love a friend request!

Wish you well
    Dan
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,098 Member
    If you have Hashi's, you may lose weight and then gain. The problem with that thyroid issue is, you can develop "hot" spots that push out thyroid hormone! Best of luck!
  • carguy46
    carguy46 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, Daniela, it's a journey - not a race. I lost 34 pounds and it took me a year to do it. You really have to track calories in and out. I was as strong and went to the gym as regular before I lost the weight as I do now. Put you head down and keep at it and you will succeed!
  • tracysalisbury
    tracysalisbury Posts: 6 Member
    I agree with the others, I was eating all of the right things and when I started tracking my food, measuring and weighing I realized that by 2pm I had eaten all of the calories that I was allotted for the day! It was all fresh healthy foods, homemade and whole but just too much. If you are exercising I would advise that you don't eat back the calories that you have burned. I also joined Healthy Wage, which is where you bet on yourself that you will lose the weight in a specific timeframe. I deposit money each month and when I reach my goal I get it all back plus more. The extra amount you get back depends on your individual statistics. I am losing 50 pounds in 8 months, I am a 49 year old woman going from 209 to 159 and my prize is $2450. My daughter is also doing it, she is 22 with 50 pounds to lose too in the same time and her prize is $1600. My assumption is that it is easier for her to lose weight because of her age, and me being menopausal it is more difficult. Weight loss is basic math, burn more than you eat. It takes an excess of 3500 calories to gain or lose a pound. If your calorie demand for maintaining your existing weight is 2400 calories a day and to lose it is 1300 calories a day then each day you eat 1300 calories you are at an 1100 calorie deficit which would in theory mean you could lose 2.2 pounds a week. If you add exercise not only will you lose more fat and gain muscle, you will burn more fat going forward because muscle burns more calories the more you have. Sorry for the lengthy post but I found this info really helpful when I read it, I hope that it helps you too. If anyone is interested in joining Healthy wage let me know as we both get an extra $40 if you sign up with a referral, which I will send to you privately (Not my reason for telling you about it). I also found this website helpful Nowloss.com really good info for different people with different goals losing weight,