i know we're not meant to but anyone weigh daily?

Options
Hi, quite new to this - only on 2nd week - altough i only wanted to weigh once a week i can't help but do it every day. So just wondering if this is normal - Day 3 of diet - i had dropped 2 lb (which i assumed to be water, then i stayed at this week til day 6 and then had a sudden drop of 3lb overnight which meant at my "weekly weigh in" i had lost 5lb in total. However i am now on day 11 and am still same as day 6. could i see another sudden drop in the next few days or am i doing something wrong? I am sticking to 1200 calories however not been able to exercise much this week due to commitements. I know it's unlikely for me to see such a massive change this week as always lose more in first week but i'm still hoping for 2lb loss - is this still possible - do those of you who weigh daily find you get a lull for days then a sudden drop?

Replies

• karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh daily, and i found that my weight would fluctuate heaps day to day, I wouldnt worry about it too much, its perfectly normal, i still have a peek now and then but i try to keep my "official" weigh in day at the same time and same day every week.
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day too. I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. I seem to get a lull and then will have a larger drop. Right now I have been at the same weight for almost a week so I'm hoping to see something big on the scale within a day or two. I have been working out like crazy the last couple days so I deserve to break through the plateau!

Good luck!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you are going to weigh yourself daily - choose a day of the week where you actually count the weigh in... I weigh myself every morning but only count every tuesday morning. Your body weight will flunctuate throughout the week.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    Very good question. I guess it depends on the person. If you get discouraged easily: don't weigh daily. I do weigh daily but I try to weigh myself at critical times of day for the best accuracy. I weigh only after every workout after a shower and before eating my next meal. I try to eat after workout just for that weight. I always seem to drop .1 or.2 every other day or so, sometimes I drop a whole pound in between workout weigh-ins. It just depends on what type of person you are I guess. I think daily weigh - in will help you keep your goal in mind and maybe make you rethink your next vulnerable moment.
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    they say the same thing about stocks. if you're going to check everyday and give yourself a heart attack, they you'd be better off doing it every so often. I do it everyday. I find it motivation to move forward (no matter if it's up or down.. down : yay me! up : better have a salad today.)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was guilty of the same thing weighing in daily. But I had to stop because it was driving me crazy.. I might wake up one morning and be down 2lbs and the next be up 3lbs.. So I set one day to weigh in on and for every 15lbs I do my measurement..