Starting Over - lose the same 30lbs Again!!

Options
laurie62ann
laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
Life happened. Here I am starting over to lose the same 30lbs that I had already lost but gain backed. I know how to do it, I just lack motivation. Here’s to a new day tomorrow. Wish me motivation.

Replies

• fatorphat
    fatorphat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Motivation at its best! We've all be there
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I was doing well, too, lost about 39lbs and then had breakup, let the weight pile back on. Was diagnosed with PCOS, lots of medication, went on and then off. Currently, I gained back 24 of those I lost a few years ago. I workout about 5 days a week, walk 10000 steps a day, but my diet is horrible. I've been to nutritionists, but my sweet tooth wins every time.
    Friend me if you'd like. I'm on every day.
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Life happened. Here I am starting over to lose the same 30lbs that I had already lost but gain backed. I know how to do it, I just lack motivation. Here’s to a new day tomorrow. Wish me motivation.

Same!
    From 2014-2015 I lost 60 lbs.
    Between 2016- March 2018 I gained back 45lbs.
    Here I am again trying to take the 45 lbs off.

I log daily, my diary is open and I'm a very "active" friend.
    Feel free to friend me so we can support each other.
  • d16262
    d16262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had lost 80 pounds. I kept it off from 2011-2014. But when I was in grad school (2015-2017), I was doing alot of stress eating and gained most of the weight back. Most recently, I’ve lost 20 pounds. But I still have a long way to go. If you’re looking for new friends, add me.
  • CateL51
    CateL51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same .. i have about 15 kg to lose
    And I'm starting again tomorrow.
    I gave up smoking almost 2 years ago and put on this weight in this time.
    So now its time to lose this weight and find the same will power i found 2 years ago

We've all got this
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I so understand. I came back here last fall, for the third time, to lose the same 20... not to mention the zillion times I lost and regained before MFP, or for that matter, before the interwebs -- yeah, boomer here...

When I came back last fall I had plenty of motivation, at least the darkside kind where I was sick and tired of feeling like crap and feeling like I looked like crap. What I lacked was confidence and faith in myself and that perky determination, that gritty goal-seeking that I had always associated with "motivation" in the past.

Surprisingly, I did not need confidence. I just needed to make enough decisions right in every 24 hours, log every bite, get honest, realize I was going to win this fight in the kitchen not the gym. Pretty soon it started working, and on days when it doesn't I get to look at why and try it different the next time.

Success is actually very motivating, and I was so beat up it didn't take much success to make me feel more empowered. Just switched to maintenance, 3 pounds under goal, a couple weeks back.

Wish all y'all the best in your fresh start, don't be discouraged, GO FOR IT. YOU GOT THIS.
  • TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is me. I lost 40 pounds about 15 years ago and kept it off. Since then, I have been gaining and losing the same 15-20 pounds. I'm not getting any younger, and the time is now for me to finally drop this last 30 pounds!
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I so understand. I came back here last fall, for the third time, to lose the same 20... not to mention the zillion times I lost and regained before MFP, or for that matter, before the interwebs -- yeah, boomer here...

When I came back last fall I had plenty of motivation, at least the darkside kind where I was sick and tired of feeling like crap and feeling like I looked like crap. What I lacked was confidence and faith in myself and that perky determination, that gritty goal-seeking that I had always associated with "motivation" in the past.

Surprisingly, I did not need confidence. I just needed to make enough decisions right in every 24 hours, log every bite, get honest, realize I was going to win this fight in the kitchen not the gym. Pretty soon it started working, and on days when it doesn't I get to look at why and try it different the next time.

Success is actually very motivating, and I was so beat up it didn't take much success to make me feel more empowered. Just switched to maintenance, 3 pounds under goal, a couple weeks back.

Wish all y'all the best in your fresh start, don't be discouraged, GO FOR IT. YOU GOT THIS.

Excellent!
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Wishing you all that you need to get back to it! I am in a similar boat, as I am sure so many of us here are. Kudos to you for showing up and making that first little step - yet again - to taking command of your life!