Natural Protein Powder sans artificial sweeteners

Options
I am looking for a good protein powder that I can add to my morning drinks that does not have any
artificial sweetener at all, even stevia. I have a major intolerance to all of them. Even if it is not flavored at all, that would be fine. I was considering using greek yogurt but when I make a vegetable smoothie I don't always want the dairy. Thanks and Good luck to everyone :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can get plenty of WPI's unflavoured and unsweetened
  • triciaklein3
    triciaklein3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Collagen protein
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Plain unflavored protein are out there. Try syntax nectar.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use left coast bone broth protein powder and it only has the one ingredient (Bone Broth Protein Concentrate) . It foams up a bit in a blender but if you dissolve it in super hot to boiling water you can use it in tea, coffee, whatever it's fine.
  • tracysalisbury
    tracysalisbury Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all, In my markets there is not anything like this. I will search more online. I appreciate your help.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Piping Rock has an unflavored whey protein. I have ordered from their website many times...I like the product.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Isopure whey isolate, unflavored.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    I just use Bob's Red Mill whey protein concentrate, which has nothing added (originally intended for baking, I believe, but it does the trick).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I get whey protein isolate from Bulk Barn. I’ve also picked up brown rice protein from the organic aisle at the supermarket. You then have total control over the sweetener.
  • lovehatefood
    lovehatefood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like Vega plant based proteins. I have tried vanilla & chocolate both. Target sells them by the pouch so you can try them. I like the Vega protein + greens. Very filling to add my coffee to!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I use Jarrow Formulas Unflavored Whey Protein. I get it from Amazon.com.

The ingredients say: 100% Ultrafiltered Whey Protein and Lecithin (from sunflower).

That's it.

It has 18g protein and 1g carbohydrates per scoop (90 calories).

I like it best when I am making Greek yogurt or other dairy type smoothies.

For just fruit smoothies, I use Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate (also Amazon.com), it is made from bovine hide, which may sound disgusting but has no taste and makes a bangin' strawberry smoothie.
    43 calories
    11g protein

The ingredients only say: 100% Hydrolyzed Collagen.

I use 5 servings at 215 calories to get 55g of protein per fruit smoothie.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Plain whey, or look for "natural" or "unflavored" from lots of brands. All the flavored ones will have artificial sweetener (unless they have sugar).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You can make your own pea protein or just add chickpeas (which are pretty neutral if you have fruit in it), also. (I also find greek yogurt neutral, though. If avoiding dairy you might try soy yogurt or tofu as an addition.

All those veg options will have less protein for the same calories, but just another option.