No matter what I do I just can't lose any weight

Options
Since the last 28 days I have been doing Calisthenics (push - ups, sit-ups, crunches, etc.) for 40 minutes, thrice a week. And occasional cycling. The progress has been encouraging when I lost 2. 5 kgs in the second week. But now after another two weeks, I am back to what I weighed before. I have been counting calories daily. I find myself very demotivated since I want to lose weight very badly and I also suffer from Hypothyroidism. Although I set out only to lose 4 kgs of weight and stuck to limited intake of calories I can't wonder what's going wrong. Please help me out here!

Replies

• RagDoll1795
    RagDoll1795 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks this helps.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    It is not unusual to not lose for two weeks. Also, it could be water weight...either from menstrual cycle, eating more carbs or salt than usual, or even starting an exercise routine...often when you begin exercising as you have your body stores more glycogen (and even more water with it) to help with energy needs during exercise.

One more thing...you have a very small amount of weight to lose. Typically, people who need to lose a lot will lose much faster at the beginning. Trying to lose only 4 kg means you will probably lose it more slowly.