Kinda of an embarrassing question

Options
I try to not worry about this because no one has ever mentioned anything about it to me but am I alone or does any one else have un even buttcheeks?! I really want to wear normal swim suit bottoms this summer but afraid people will notice my bum and make fun.

Replies

• sophiarose0624
    sophiarose0624 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thank you! I really just needed to hear some non negative words! My boyfriend has never said any thing about it... but I notice it and it bothers me until I forget about it and then notice again lol
  • sophiarose0624
    Options
    Needed*
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    People are generally focusing on their own flaws, especially women...and really, I could imagine plenty of people (male and female) would be looking at your chest or legs or somewhere else and not even notice your butt being uneven. My butt's big and lumpy from being in my forties and losing a ton of weight but it's not enough to keep me from swimming and enjoying the summertime! Life's too short. Plus, my husband adores it so there's that.

Don't let a little asymmetry ruin your summer.

^^So much this!!!^^

Don't sweat the irregularities, we all have them. I am still pudgy, squishy and lumpy...it won't stop me from enjoying my time on the beach (and wearing that bikini, regardless whether some people think I shouldn't.)
  • sophiarose0624
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I try to not worry about this because no one has ever mentioned anything about it to me but am I alone or does any one else have un even buttcheeks?! I really want to wear normal swim suit bottoms this summer but afraid people will notice my bum and make fun.

There is nothing wrong with a little assymmetry (had to spell it that way ...for effect). You are worried about what others think....don't. Go out and enjoy and have fun. Forget about it. Nobody is perfect (even that good lookin' hunk of a guy over there on the beach, with the rippling muscles probably only has one testicle or something...). and if someone makes fun of you, it just shows you how low they are in the gene pool.....

Thank you all for the positive feed back(: I’ve never really noticed any one else with an uneven butt but at the same time I’m not really looking that hard because that would just be weird! Lol. I typically wear yoga pants and leggings a lot and stay away from light colors they don’t favor my body well because of the butt issue! Some time I just let it bother me even though I know better. But I shall wear my bikini bottoms this summer with my white uneven butt and the cellulite. Lol. When I say uneven... it is like the crease of my butt cheeks that are not the same.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with a little assymmetry (had to spell it that way ...for effect). You are worried about what others think....don't. Go out and enjoy and have fun. Forget about it. Nobody is perfect (even that good lookin' hunk of a guy over there on the beach, with the rippling muscles probably only has one testicle or something...). and if someone makes fun of you, it just shows you how low they are in the gene pool.....

Thank you all for the positive feed back(: I’ve never really noticed any one else with an uneven butt but at the same time I’m not really looking that hard because that would just be weird! Lol. I typically wear yoga pants and leggings a lot and stay away from light colors they don’t favor my body well because of the butt issue! Some time I just let it bother me even though I know better. But I shall wear my bikini bottoms this summer with my white uneven butt and the cellulite. Lol. When I say uneven... it is like the crease of my butt cheeks that are not the same.

Well what you said should already comfort you. You don't know because you're not looking :) So don't worry bout it.

We all have our things. My rib cage is uneven. When I'm lounging on the beach the left side sticks up and I look freaky. People have told me it is noticeable. Meh. None of us are perfect.
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else! We are our own worst critics & notice things about ourselves that noone else does.

A few months ago I discovered that one of my thighs was losing faster than the other. Took a backside selfie in the mirror while wearing workout gear & there it was...this random chunk of fat. I was initially shocked but then I laughed myself silly because I'd imagine if it's coming off this way, it must've went on this way too (some body parts SOMEWHERE were bound to be uneven!) Know I sure wasn't peering at myself in the mirror then, so I was walking around oblivious!

You're critiquing your own hard work. Just stop bub. See your progress, not what's left to work on because all of that will come, just as all the goals you've already smashed did . Wear those swimsuit bottoms with pride & know that you look beautiful <3
  • amluckhurst
    amluckhurst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are not distorting your posture to look at your bottom? If your hips are not properly square then one cheek will be out of alignment with the other. Even if you think your hips are square, sometimes they are not and this can lead to a view of one cheek looking more prominent than the other. In any case health is much more important and the butt is a moving part which no one else will be able to assess in terms of equal size.
    Its too easy to focus on our faults, especially when we are young, when we are essentially at our best! As you get older and experience life and your body ageing you can't do this or your drive yourself crazy. You can't put an old head on young shoulders, but don't ruin your happiness by worrying about things you cannot change.
    Thing of 10 things you like and love about yourself and your nature and you will lift up low spirits.
    Hugs
  • sophiarose0624
    Options
    I could believe my hips are not aligned... after I had my daughter I went to a chiropractor and he said one of my legs was a little bit longer than the other and I never even noticed! I feel like that might have a lot to do with the butt cheek! Lol.