Calorie Counter question

Options
Im a little bit confused about the calorie counter. I have used programs like weight watchers before where you have to eat the number of points alotted. Is this similar or is this a guidline of the amount of calories that you should stay under. Never been a big calorie counter if you havent noticed!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    They want you to eat that amount and if you burn any calories eat those back as well.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    The amount of calories is the suggested calorie intake to stay on track with your goal. If you maintain a lower calorie count than suggested, you just accelerate the process. But do not go so low to the point of starvation. I myself try to stay low enough to lose and never go over.

Good luck with your goals!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    you want to get it to as close to zero as possible - i aim for 100 either way.

also, when you exercise it gives you more calories to eat, and you should be eating those as well.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories is the suggested calorie intake to stay on track with your goal. If you maintain a lower calorie count than suggested, you just accelerate the process. But do not go so low to the point of starvation. I myself try to stay low enough to lose and never go over.

Good luck with your goals!

you wont necessarily accelerate it, you may hinder it. Eat you food and enjoy your journey.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options

you wont necessarily accelerate it, you may hinder it. Eat you food and enjoy your journey.

That truly depends on your diet type. I myself am a low carb high protein dieter and have lost 170 pounds not to mention putting on 30 pounds of muscle. Lowering carb and calories helps me lose faster. 5 pounds since i started this fitness program alone.
    Everyone is different, you won't know till you try.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you want to get it to as close to zero as possible - i aim for 100 either way.

also, when you exercise it gives you more calories to eat, and you should be eating those as well.

you do NOT want to be at zero. you want to net at least 1200 cals.
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Was poster not meaning zero calories left at the end of the day?
  • ehunt26
    ehunt26 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

I get what you all are saying and will do my best to eat what they are suggesting!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Was poster not meaning zero calories left at the end of the day?

This!! I meant this!!!

Oh god.... please don't go under 1200 NET