Encouragement needed...

Options
I am going on holiday in less than 3 weeks and am really disappointed with my progress. I exercise like mad, but it's food that I struggle with, so I'm just not seeing any changes!

All I keep thinking is that I'm never going to make any difference in less than 3 weeks now, so I may as well give up trying.

What is an achievable number of pounds to aim to lose in 3 weeks?

I am in desperate need of encouragement and maybe a goal to aim for with some support?

It's so much harder doing things on your own!

Replies

• jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    Don't pressure yourself! If you stress over losing weight, you won't make any progress. You should never try to lose a large amount of weight in such a short amount of time. The recommended loss is one pound per week.

Most people will say that losing weight is 80% diet/20% exercise. Don't push yourself too hard, that is definitely not healthy! Focus on making a lifestyle change in the way you eat, losing weight should be secondary. If you're only focused on losing weight, you are setting yourself up to fail.
  • noelheart
    Options
    Don't give up, come on! together
  • surfino
    surfino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hey, don't be too focused..
    Just continue exercise and keep track of your food.. Don't check your weight every day, just do it week by week, results must be achieved in a long way point of view.
    I know a lot of people making extreme diets or training hard, then they stop and they gain everything back in some days. Diet have to be an habit, if you're somewhat obsessed would be really hard.. believe me.

As i said in 3 weeks you can loose even 8kg with diets like "scarsdale", but it's better you follow your own path and do it right!
    hugs from Rome
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    Hey girl!
    Like you I'm also struggling. Exercise is not a problem for me either but eating is. I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds this month so I was just talking about challenging myself to eating salads for 2 meals for the next couple of weeks...hoping it will help me stick to my eating plan.
    I'm not big on eating lettuce so I always make the effort to find salads out there which do not involve the green leaves or make them up as I go along. If you want we could swap recipes. I prefer to drink my green leaves rather than eat 'em. :D
    Sticking to the salads for two meals I think will help me stay on track and will also go towards helping me with losing a pound or two. Let me know what you think! I know I can do it...it's just a matter of actually doing it! LOL Help me - help you ;) Let's do this!
    Cheers
  • lepardqueen
    Options
    Hey,
    i know its hard but don't give up, once you see results it is soooo much easier. id aim for about 6-7 in three weeks it is difficult to say without knowing your final goals however the average recommended "healthy" loss per week is about 1.5kg(2.2pounds) and a lower number does not seem as impossible. also if food is your weakness try finding healthier versions of your favourite foods and having smaller portions, wait half an hour before returning to the kitchen and ask yourself "why do i want this?, am i hungry/bored/depressed? good luck and have fun on your holidays
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IHaveATail
    Options
    No! Don't give up! I agree on the whole 6-7 in three weeks. And that's significant. I personally have done 10 in about three weeks and I felt great! If you want I'm also willing to share recipes. I find what helps me is staying super busy....leaving money at home while I'm out and when I'm the most hungry but its not time to eat I leave the house. Drastic but it helps. I also worship a high water intake. Believe me you will Be wondering how six or seven (or even five) lbs smaller would have felt on your holiday if you give up now. Hang in there.
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    No! Don't give up! I agree on the whole 6-7 in three weeks. And that's significant. I personally have done 10 in about three weeks and I felt great! If you want I'm also willing to share recipes. I find what helps me is staying super busy....leaving money at home while I'm out and when I'm the most hungry but its not time to eat I leave the house. Drastic but it helps. I also worship a high water intake. Believe me you will Be wondering how six or seven (or even five) lbs smaller would have felt on your holiday if you give up now. Hang in there.

That idea of leaving money at home is a fantastic one! I'm going to give that a go! Thank you everyone