Oscar Meyer Turkey Calories Slices Instead of Ounces

Options
There are about 50 - 60 calories in 2 ounces of Oscar Meyer Blackened Turkey Breast. I don't have a scale. Can you break this down into slices? 6 slices/8 slices instead of ounces? TY

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    How many slices in your pack. How many oz in the pack. Do the math.
    Or use a good scale
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Is it a new package? Look to see how many ounces are in the entire package and then eat the appropriate fraction of a package. By that I mean that if the entire package is supposed to have 8 oz of turkey, eat 1/4 of the package. That is what I do. I know that in the end I am going to eat the entire package so if I actually end up with 2.2 oz one day and 1.8 another day it is all going to average out in the end.
  • tlspiegel
    tlspiegel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Or use a good scale

There are 16 slices in a package. I do not have a scale!

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    tlspiegel wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Or use a good scale

There are 16 slices in a package. I do not have a scale!

How many servings/ounces does the package say it contains? IIRC those are usually 8-ounce packages, so a serving would be four slices.
  • tlspiegel
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is it a new package? Look to see how many ounces are in the entire package and then eat the appropriate fraction of a package. By that I mean that if the entire package is supposed to have 8 oz of turkey, eat 1/4 of the package. That is what I do. I know that in the end I am going to eat the entire package so if I actually end up with 2.2 oz one day and 1.8 another day it is all going to average out in the end.

Hi,
    Thank you. There are 8 ounces in the package. So eating 1/4 of the package would be about 4 slices to equal 50 calories?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This issue will always come up. Buy a food scale.
  • tlspiegel
    edited April 2018
    Options

How many servings/ounces does the package say it contains? IIRC those are usually 8-ounce packages, so a serving would be four slices.

Thank you for your help! :)

• LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The turkey slices should be in MFP data base