Exercise leggings and shorts that stay up

Options
Hi! I'm an average-height woman with muscular legs. I'm looking for exercise leggings (tight througout the leg) and shorts with a good high waist that will stay up. Any suggestions? Bonus if they are inexpensive and plain black. Thank you!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Old Navy actually has pretty good active wear(compression, leggings, running shorts). I also bought a pair of Tesla brand capri leggings from Amazon and really like them.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I used to like Danskin from Walmart. The fabric blend was a little weird last time I checked, but that was years back so it might have changed again. Either way, they are cheap and black with a good high waist that stayed up :)
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have TJ Maxx where you live, but I just went there and bought 3 pair for under $40. They have good, name brands that are quality and $10-15 each.
    0831227 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually stitch the waistline 3-4 inches smaller so they fit perfectly on the hips and legs and feel tighter on the waist
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Marika brand has a few styles with high waists.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    90 Degree by Reflex from Amazon are terrific.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I concur with Old Navy. I'm always suprised by how well they fit given the fit and quality of their other stuff
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    90 Degree by Reflex from Amazon are terrific.

These are my favorite too—their high waist style. I bought them at Marshall’s and now I’m going to amazon. Lol
  • krissywashington79
    krissywashington79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I really like these. They also have a drawstring in them to keep them from sliding down beroy Womens Workout Leggings Black Running Compression Tights Length Yoga Pants(Small,roser) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0775VHNLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cRPYAb3MH9ZCQ
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything inexpensive I like. Everything feels like garbage on my skin. I like Lululemon, sometimes Nike. Athleta can get it done too.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I got to go shopping yesterday and found several pair at Old Navy, Sam's (a brand someone recommended above) and Wal-Mart that seem like they'll work great!