Lose mom tummy/ build butt..?

Options
After my first I was 187 went down to 129 by hiking w/ an incline did squats and inside workouts with fitnessblender when bad weather and of course tracking calories. Still had my mommy flab and no butt. After my second I'm currently 160 and trying to get back down to my 129 again. Any workouts that would help kill two birds with one stone? Those are my problem areas and I feel I would be more confident if I could just tackle those areas. Thank you!!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend you look into a proper weight lifting program to help you maintain as much muscle as possible as you lose weight.

Something like Strong Curves is great with focus on the glutes.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Find a program and lift while staying in a small deficit. There's no need to wait. Start now and at least preserve the muscle you have. You may build a little, you can definitely gain strength. You can do cardio in between lifting days.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the Strong Curves recommendation. Pregnancy and child birth wreak havoc on your hips, pelvic girdle and glutes. Strong Curves is glute centered and will help rebuild your hips, glutes, and pelvic girdle.

What kind of condition are your abs in? Do you have any separation in your abs or chronic back pain? Do you experience incontenence? Did you have an episiotomy or significant tearing with either of your pregnancies?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    ^Good questions above, also OP how many weeks/months postpartum are you? Just make sure you are all healed and cleared by your doctor before you start any workout program.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think belly fat eventually decreases as rest of fat does throughout weight loss. For glutes, do squats! It totally works. Keep at it, you'll get there! (Unless you're like me, and you just get pregnant again! Lol!)