Enough is enough

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for support on this life style change. The past 30 years I have struggled with my weight with a big dose of denial. I now have to lose over 150 pounds. A long journey ahead one pound at a time.

I have finally gotten my head out of the denial mode. I am ready to face this lifestyle change. I have weighed out various diet options and I have chosen the one that best fits my lifestyle. I did not want a program that would be costly.

I have chosen one that changes eating habits and can work into feeding my family. I am gradually making the changes to get fully on plan. I started with cutting out all sugar. I then cut out all breads and pastas.

A month gradually making changes and I have lost 18 pounds. I am hoping by themiddle of April to be fully on plan.

Now are you asking what plan I chose? I chose Trim Healthy Mama. If you know nothing I about it, check out on-line or get the books.

With all this being said, Is there anyone that would like to join me on this journey? Because denial has been a big part of my weight, I am seeking supportive families. Continue on your weight loss journey with strength courage and we will all be victourious.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What if I told you that you could lose weight, eating all the foods you like, and normal meals, with one simple trick?
  • Congrats, oneofhiskids! Accepting your reality and coming out of denial is half the battle! Question , What do you for see as your greatest strength and you strongest weakness on this journey?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Is this eating plan something you can sustain for a lifetime? Can you not eat sugar or carbs for the rest of your life? The key to successfully losing weight and keeping it off is finding a way to eat that you can maintain forever. If you are absolutely positive that giving up bread and pasta and sugar is sustainable then I'm glad you've found what works for you.

However, most people cannot maintain that lifestyle forever and that is why they end up gaining the weight back. As kommodevaran said, you can eat all of the foods you like and still lose weight. This concept is what MyFitnessPal is based on. Figure out your daily calorie limit, weight and log your food and eat at that limit. Sugar is not evil. Carbs are not evil.