Nowhere near goal but huge win tiday

Options
Just wanted to share for anyone who is struggling. I joined slimming world in the UK last September. I’m 5ft 11lbs with 12 stone to loose. First week 8lbs off but since then I’ve averaged half a pound a week. I’ve sat in my group and cried with how much I have to loose and how I stick to it every week but never see more than a half pound loss. So 3 weeks ago I decided to do blind weighing and not found out till I had done 4 weeks. It’s been great going on how I feel and not the number on the scale but as the end of the 4 weeks was getting closer I could feel myself worrying...what if I’ve lost nothing will i ever get to my goal. Anyway I decided to ask my leader at weigh in to just tell me when I get each half stone award. 3 weeks ago I was 1st 10lbs down today I got my 2 stone award and he told me I had lost 6lbs this week. I was crying with happiness. All those weeks I’ve stayed determined and kept telling myself the rewards will come and today they did. I think starting at the gym has massively helped as well as the doctor taking me off high vitamin d which made me feel terrible. So please keep going everyone. Your efforts will be rewarded eventually. I know truly believe one day I will be at my goal weight!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So good not to get too caught up in the numbers, and instead focus on what you're actually doing to make yourself healthier! Keep it up!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Such a great reminder to stay the course!! Well done and thanks so much for sharing. You helped me today! :)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in a week--terrific. Once you get in that groove you have it made, just stick with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!