over the calorie limit

Options
How ridiculously freaked out do you guys get when you go over your calories?
Like is it a big deal for you- does it bother you.
I'm just curious. Also I don't appear to be losing any weight- don't get me wrong, I know my Dairy has been pretty awful lately but I've upped my work outs so much I thought surely I should be losing a little- or at least toning up.
All suggestions are welcome (as long as they aren't mean)
Thanks guys!

Replies

• msmith5251s
    Options
    I get upset, :/
    But I have been doing it sooo much lately.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How ridiculously freaked out do you guys get when you go over your calories?
    Like is it a big deal for you- does it bother you.
    I'm just curious. Also I don't appear to be losing any weight- don't get me wrong, I know my Dairy has been pretty awful lately but I've upped my work outs so much I thought surely I should be losing a little- or at least toning up.
    All suggestions are welcome (as long as they aren't mean)
    Thanks guys!

dont really get upset i jsut decide to be better the next day

but im the same as you in the fact im not loosing weight - and yes my food hasnt been the best recently - so i think that that may be hindering me - so i really need to clean it up!!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you go over. If it's 500 then you miss out on having the deficit MFP suggests.
    Also I've realised that the whole weight loss is very slow. I only weigh once a week, and I do lose around a pound a week, which is good progress.
    Maybe take pictures to see if you've toned up already. I am doing 30DS and can see a difference already. its not much, but it is visible.
    Good luck,
    Jo
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It pi55es me off but I get over it pretty quickly!

It was my decision to go over my calories so it has to be my decision to get back on track !!!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    It pi55es me off but I get over it pretty quickly!

It was my decision to go over my calories so it has to be my decision to get back on track !!!

love this.
  • jez2ika
    jez2ika Posts: 1
    Options
    So i was 86.8kg -> now 77.8kg and have been exercising and dieting for about 3 months, initially I was really tired.. then the last few weeks I have felt really good, but unfortunately this week hasn't been so great... i have been eating ok but feel like i've put on weight! so today I've gone over by about 250calories :( and i'm super annoyed - i need some motivation to get me back on track! Hoping I will bounce out of this week and have a good one next week ...
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    As long as I've generally ok I don't beat myself up about it - seriously there are bigger things in life worth worrying about!

I get more annoyed with myself if I know I've been lazy and deliberately avoided working out... although thankfully that's now becoming the exception rather than the rule :)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i get ticked otff...then i do a hard workout the next day or that day in fact to get my calories back
  • mp09aap
    mp09aap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What I’ve found that really helps me is that i don’t buy any sweets or cakes ect. there fore if they aren’t in the house i wont be as tempted by them. i also try not to have cheese in most of the time. it really works. just keep with it.

Another thing that work it walking a bit more. like to the shops instead of drive.

Another thing as don’t be disheartened if you don’t loose weight one week. By just drinking a pint that’s a lb in weight on the scales. Most people fluctuate by as much as 5 lbs over the day.

Just keep with it. Its worth it in the end
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I doesn't really bother me. I keep in mind that if I overeat by 500 calories EVERY DAY, my weight would remain the same, according to MFP.