Just 20 lbs - so close yet so far!!

Options
Been using fitnesspal for years on and off but never joined a forum, thought it might help.

I've slowly put on a stone and a half over the last 10 years, I think it's due to doing office based work. I'm 32.

Now I'm a gardener and very active (I have an allotment and walk everywhere) but I can't seem to shift any weight! I think it is a case of bad eating habits. I put my calories in yesterday and I had eaten about 2,500 calories - but burned 1,300in exercise! Anyway I have been particularly active lately, before that I wasn't doing the lawnmowing etc but was eating the same amount. No wonder I'm not losing any weight.

Its just these 20 pounds and I am so active I get staaaaarving so Im not sure how yo go about this without fainting.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The last pounds will come off slowly no matter what you do, so set your weekly weightloss goal to 1 or 0.5 pounds, get a better calorie target, and aim for that, and ignore "exercise burns" (which is no more than a hi-tech "pick a number" gimmick).
  • bjcampbell627
    bjcampbell627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OK, so am I better off putting an accurate activity level (I started with sedentary with a view to adding calories burned from exercise) and going by that? I don't know what calorie level would be appropriate but I feel like at 1200 I would probably collapse.
  • bjcampbell627
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe 1600?
  • bjcampbell627
    Options
    I am also wondering what activity level would be most appropriate. I am thinking at least 'active' which is for food carriers etc but I don't want to overestimate. That brings me to a goal of 1810 calls to lose 0.5 lbs a week which seems a little high. However based on my current calorie intake of 2400 its bound to be a vast improvement!

I should say that I haven't put on any weight in several years. I have just been sitting at 10st4 for about 4 years. In fact I was 10st7 for a long time but in the last year I've lost a teeny bit.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am also wondering what activity level would be most appropriate. I am thinking at least 'active' which is for food carriers etc but I don't want to overestimate. That brings me to a goal of 1810 calls to lose 0.5 lbs a week which seems a little high. However based on my current calorie intake of 2400 its bound to be a vast improvement!

I should say that I haven't put on any weight in several years. I have just been sitting at 10st4 for about 4 years. In fact I was 10st7 for a long time but in the last year I've lost a teeny bit.

I have answered on your other post, you could start with a daily calorie allowance between 1,600 and 1,800 calories per day. Log all data and see how your weight loss progresses, then make any necessary adjustments.