Food Allergies!!

Options
I have a long list of allergies that really limit my food intake. I cut out all allergens 3 years ago and lost 35 lbs. I also decreased my migraines to almost nothing and asthma symptoms were only when I was sick. I had a TON of energy. But of course, food addiction and annoyance of not being able eat whatever, I ate it all and gained it all. Now having serious stomach problems and exhaustion, I am seeking to go back on my elimination diet. It is restrictive, but since I am constantly sick, I don't really have a choice.
My allergies include:
Milk/casein
Wheat and gluten (non celiac)
Corn, including corn syrup
Eggs
Peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews
Walnuts (anaphylaxis)
Shellfish (anaphhlaxis)
All Fish except tuna
Soy
Rice
Bananas
Avocado

So I am basically left with meat, veg, and fruit. Just looking to see if anyone is in my boat.

Not eating bread is hard but at the same time I have instant relief. I just had milk in my shake and I am having such bad heartburn all bc I ran out of almond milk lol

Replies

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't have as many allergies as you, but if other grains are fine you should be able to find some gluten free options for bread and pasta etc. For protein meat, legumes and nuts (those you aren't allergic to) are some options
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My list is as long as your list, it is often on my mind.....why am i unable to tolerate so many foods?

Beans
    Coconut
    Brazil Nuts
    Cashews
    Milk - lactose intolerance
    All Fish
    Onions & Garlic ( very poor tolerance)
    Tomato sauce no --- Salsa yes

I'm fine with avocado, beets, some fruits and bacon. In addition always keep allergy pills handy. If necessary take a double dose, life-saving.

Good Luck to you, you're in good company.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Not quite as much restriction as you, but I must follow a low FODMAP diet, and it is quite difficult. No garlic, no onions, no wheat, most fruits, and vegetables are off limits, with only a precious few that won't make me sick. I am basically okay with very lean meats, and potatoes, and then VERY limited amounts of low FODMAP fruits and vegetables.
  • Jennymarie57
    Jennymarie57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm close to your situation..
    -no nightshades(tomatos, potatos, peppers)
    - no dairy, except butter and yogurt
    - no gluten
    - no yeast
    - no soy
    - no clam
    - mostly sugar free
    - no corn
    - now avoiding red meat after recent reaction

Have health issues, some of these are allergies, some intolerances, some are to keep away inflammation ..I'll share my diary with you if it helps.
  • Jennymarie57
    Jennymarie57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    One thing to consider and something I need to work harder on is not eating the same thing everyday..that can be a recipe for creating a new intolerance. ..So try to eat differently daily..if possible:)..
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    DH and I both have recently discovered food sensitivities (discovered through testing), and unfortunately they are not the same things so it's hard to make things we can both eat.

DH:
    Onions--really bad, borderline allergy
    Tomatoes
    Peas
    Peanuts
    Almonds
    Soy
    Celery
    Wheat
    Barley
    Oats
    Rice
    Green beans

Mine:
    Eggs
    Dairy
    Wheat
    Soy was marginal but seems to affect me
    Peanuts were marginal but don't seem to affect me

I have been substituting with almond milk products (FYI, Ben and Jerry's non-dairy line is amazing) but I live in a small town and it's really hard to find substitutes so I feel your pain.
    We've been eating a lot of lean meats, spinach, veggies such as broccoli, carrots, zucchini. We substitute coconut flour and/or corn flakes for some breading and baking recipes, applesauce in place of eggs if its something I'm going to eat.