Trouble loosing last 15lbs

Options
littlebabekitty
littlebabekitty Posts: 384 Member
edited April 2018 in Getting Started
Beem on mfp for over 2 years. Lost over 80lbs. From 220lbs to 140-145lbs.

Hit a plateau. Having trouble losing these last 15lbs. Have tried eating 1200 cal plan. Less wheat products. Still not much.
Weight fluctuates between 140-145.

What can I do?
I also have flaccid skin on belly thighs and biceps. How can I tighten?
I am stay at home mom

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking calorie intake? do you weigh all solids and measure all liquids, and pick the proper entries in MFP? If not, start there, as you may be eating 10-50% more than you think
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 80 pounds lost! Fantastic achievement!
    I took a peek at your diary. With the last little bit of weight you need to really tighten up your logging and time to stop using generic entries day after day. (Not all bananas are exactly 126 grams)
    Set your loss for .5 lb/week, that will set you at a 250 calorie deficit.
    Be sure to weigh all solids and measure all liquids.

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

This might be a good time to implement a small diet break for one or two weeks where you up your calories to maintenance before trying to continue fat loss after. You'r metabolism might have adapted to the low calories and has become more efficient in how it uses its calories. Taking a break could help rebalance your hormones and give your metabolism a little "boost".

You are eating very little already, so I would not recommend you lower calories further.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm within 10 lb. of goal now, and it feels like my body wants very badly to push me back up to 40+ lb., or at the very least 20 lb.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    andreaen wrote: »
    congratulations!

This might be a good time to implement a small diet break for one or two weeks where you up your calories to maintenance before trying to continue fat loss after. You'r metabolism might have adapted to the low calories and has become more efficient in how it uses its calories. Taking a break could help rebalance your hormones and give your metabolism a little "boost".

You are eating very little already, so I would not recommend you lower calories further.

I love this piece advice. Id' recommended as well, assuming you haven't already OP.