I want a Coke

Options
I've been craving Coke so bad recently which is weir because I've never been a big fan of Coke or soda in general. Other than will, what else do you guys use to reduce cravings?

Replies

• crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Diet caffeine free Coke, or any diet caffeine free soda. Sugar free jello.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    For cravings I usually try to fit in a more calorie friendly alternative.

Soda - Diet Version
    Chips - Baked Version

etc..
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Since your cravings are this specific and something you don't normally have it could be smart to consider WHY this craving occured.

Coke has a lot of carbs, some caffeine, and sodium. If you are eating enough sodium, it is probably energy you are craving. A low-cal energy drink could possibly help with the cravings, or even a coke zero as stated above. If this doesn't help you are likely craving the sugar and if your diet doesn't have room for any you would just have to grind through it
  • Philly927
    Philly927 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will have one or two cans a week which isn't bad I suppose but I'd like to cut it out altogether. Maybe I should stop trying to be so strict? I have a sweet tooth so I think it's the sugar that I'm missing in my life :smile:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Philly927 wrote: »
    I will have one or two cans a week which isn't bad I suppose but I'd like to cut it out altogether. Maybe I should stop trying to be so strict? I have a sweet tooth so I think it's the sugar that I'm missing in my life :smile:

If you can fit it in your calories, don't have a medical reason to restrict sugar, and it isn't preventing you from fitting in nutrient dense foods, then I would say keep going. I personally drink diet soda, but I have done so for ~30 years, even before I was trying to manage my weight.

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    At work I try to minimize the amount of change/small bills I carry to keep myself from raiding the vending machine. At home my wife and I will often grocery shop together in an effort to keep each other accountable. Most of the time one of us will be the adult and tell the other to put something back that's not good for us.
  • Liftslikeagoddess
    Liftslikeagoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water honestly - that's become to "go to" drink if I'm out with friends, as that's when I'd normally have a coke. It was hard cutting it out at first, but, I'm really happy I did :)
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Or you could just drink the coke and incorporate it into your daily calorie limits... People make things so complicated...

This! So much this.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Have the Coke, make it fit into your cals or go for the diet version. Simple :smile: