Losing weight is really painstaking, what's your motivation?

Options
I'm losing weight in order to wear a beautiful wedding dress. Every girl wants to put herself in the most beautiful side in the wedding. Though there's still enough time for me to move on, I can't wait to realize the goal quickly. Walking on the streets, I find the slim girls look pretty no matter what they wear. I'm a lazy girl, so it is somewhat difficult for me to persist in, to me, even 5 pounds is painstaking. Hey ladies, what's your motivation for you to hold on? Anyhow, let's try hard together, come on!

Replies

• jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    My biggest motivation is simply being healthy. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm slowly getting there! :)
  • noelheart
    Options
    I'm just too lazy and I like to lay in the bed when I'm free.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    I don't want my son having to be embarrased by me when he starts school, i don't want the dreaded questions of why I don't wanna chase him around the park or take him out for walks.

He keeps me holding on, I wanna get to a nice ripe old age and watch him grow whilst i'm healthy and happy and besides, I'd hate for him to grow up with the same emotional and bordom eating habbits I struggle with!

I can't preach to my son whats good to eat and whats not if I'm standing there size 20 with burger in hand!

Plus - I'd be alot less ashamed of myself and won't feel like everyones staring. Theres bigger people than me and everyone has there own worries in life to think about and they ain't gunna judge me when I'm shopping because of my size but you know, paranoid much!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When you really think about it, everyone's motivation is different, and you have to find out for yourself what yours really is. Once you do, you will be unstoppable.

For me, it's proving people wrong. People think that I will never be a size 2. People think that I won't ever look like the fitness and figure competitors (my goal, hence the 12% body fat goal). I know what I want, and that's the goal I picked...and it excites me to no end to prove people wrong!

I started out a size 20, nearly 200 pounds. People said that I was too "large framed" or "big boned" to ever get down to below a size 12. I proved them wrong. I am wearing an 8 right now, sometimes a 6 depending on the brand. People also said that I would never be under 140 pounds because of my "big hips" and once again "big frame." Well, before I hit a difficult spot in my life (breaking up with an abusive @$$hole who caused me lots of grief...) I actually got down to 126 pounds. And I could have easily lost more if I didn't hit that road bump named Rodney.

But anyway, yeah, what motivates me is showing other people that I can reach my goals. I know they are attainable, and I will work fiercely to get there. Not only for me because it is truly what I want, but to show everyone else that they were wrong to doubt me.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want to go to the NFL... Nahh, j/k.. I want to look good naked for the wife! Trying to seduce her, so she can buy me a boat.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options

I can be lazy too. But it feels even better to complete a challenge and to see your progress!
  • noelheart
    Options

I can be lazy too. But it feels even better to complete a challenge and to see your progress!

well, let's work hard together.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My initial motivation was wanting to look better. I saw a photo of myself and it made me feel really bad about myself. And I felt I was treated differently because I was overweight. Most people I knew hadn't known me when i was younger and fitter and seemed to judge me. As I am getting fitter my motivations have changed . Exercise makes me feel so good! My body is changing and I feel so much healthier and able to deal with everyday life more effectively. I don't want to lose this feeling. My family is also reaping the benefits of eating more healthily and seeing their mum exercise and get fitter and this is also a massive motivation for me. Good luck!
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this December, and freaking out over my weight too! It's especially hard for me to lose weight as I've been constantly on and off diets, so my system is whacked. But, just the thought of having immortalised my wedding day in photos, and looking pudgy just drives me on.

So, hang in there and don't give up!
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    I totally know what you mean.. Its been such a hard road, and i only realized now, just how hard it is.. Trying to keep up with 5 work outs a week with a bum hip and knee at plus 40 has been super tough, but im proud of what im at now.. My motivation.. Better sex! Wanna keep the kink and be able to work it even at my age... lol
  • noelheart
    Options
    I'm getting married this December, and freaking out over my weight too! It's especially hard for me to lose weight as I've been constantly on and off diets, so my system is whacked. But, just the thought of having immortalised my wedding day in photos, and looking pudgy just drives me on.

So, hang in there and don't give up!

Congrats!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of my life sucking. I'm doing something about it one step at a time. First I lost most of the weight. Then 2 weeks ago I quit smoking. Next... Better job? Better apartment? Better relationship?

Anyway, my weight loss has nothing to do with fitting in smaller clothing. I'm actually pretty upset my clothes haven't shrunk with me because I love my clothes.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i could say the health stuff, you know hypertenion, prediabetic, cholestrol.

but honestly my real reason is what Shaun T says in one of the videos when saying he thinks to himself as a
    fitness professional why does he do this??

CAUSE I WANNA LOOK GOOODD
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just Want to be fit and healthy for my kids, Running around the park with then is priceless. wearing better fitting clothing and looking good is just a bonus.
    Hence my goal is long term.
    I used to be very lazy, Its a mindset you have to change. Sloth and Gluttony got me to the size and shape i was.
    Respect for my self and my family is what is moving me rapidly away from it :)
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    How I look in the mirror right now is my biggest motivator. I don't like the flab that I see, and when I was 30 pounds lighter I was happier with the view.

Other motivators: my kids, prevent diabetes and heart problems (both possible because of genetic factors), age - I want to be able to walk on my own (or with a stability cane) at 100 like my grandmother and great aunt.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I got tired of feeling tired and having no energy and realized I needed to change my eating and exercise habits.

And to be completely honest...... I am 44 and I'm okay with that, I just don't want to look 44. LOL
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

Along with lifestlye change, there has to be a mindset change. (At least there did for me). Instead of wanting to lay in bed, why not go take a walk. You'd be X amt cals clloser to that beautiful wedding dress!!

My motivations are my 3 little boys and my hubby...we've been married almost 12 yrs and I love to be his "arm candy" My boys are only 1 2 and 4, I REFUSE to have them teased b/c their mom is "fat".

You carve your own journey with MFP, everyone else is here to support it!
  • noelheart
    Options

Along with lifestlye change, there has to be a mindset change. (At least there did for me). Instead of wanting to lay in bed, why not go take a walk. You'd be X amt cals clloser to that beautiful wedding dress!!

My motivations are my 3 little boys and my hubby...we've been married almost 12 yrs and I love to be his "arm candy" My boys are only 1 2 and 4, I REFUSE to have them teased b/c their mom is "fat".

You carve your own journey with MFP, everyone else is here to support it!

Yes, the situation is even worse. When I work in the daytime, I always suffer the feeling of sleepiness.
    I sit the whole day at work, feeling sleepy, it really drives me annoyed. I try my best to keep wake, but it fails time and time again.
    Then I do some jogging at night sometimes, this makes no difference.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I too, want to look good in my wedding dress in 7 months!!!