THE BIGGEST LOSER

Options
sitting here watching this on you tube and getting sad that they are not happen when they lose under 5 pounds, shouldnt they be happy? it makes me worry that if i lost less its not good enough and a pound is a pound isnt it? mmmm maybe this show is not good for motivation

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    You have to look at it for what it is...a reality show...which isn't very realistic

I always like to see how different they look after losing weight...I think that could be a motivation factor...not how quickly they lose it because that is unrealistic for someone that is not on this type of show.

However...would anyone have watched the show if they were losing .5 to 1lb a week...maybe even put on a few pounds?
  • weebo1980
    weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    You have to look at it for what it is...a reality show...which isn't very realistic

I always like to see how different they look after losing weight...I think that could be a motivation factor...not how quickly they lose it because that is unrealistic for someone that is not on this type of show.

However...would anyone have watched the show if they were losing .5 to 1lb a week...maybe even put on a few pounds?

very true , think i might find something else to watch for motivation any ideas
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That show, loaded with nonsense, demonstrates one valuable point- removed from our lives to the weight loss fantasy island, almost any of us could lose a significant amount of weight.

It demonstrates the twofold nature of our problem- lose weight, while living our lives. BL is mostly irrelevant to us. Annie_01 is exactly right-unreality.

• weebo1980
    weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    That show, loaded with nonsense, demonstrates one valuable point- removed from our lives to the weight loss fantasy island, almost any of us could lose a significant amount of weight.

It demonstrates the twofold nature of our problem- lose weight, while living our lives. BL is mostly irrelevant to us. Annie_01 is exactly right-unreality.

yep i agree not i not watching any more