Starting over

Options
I used MFP with a lot of success a few years ago and lost 160 lbs and kept it off for a bit. I had a loss in my family and really struggled after that. I stepped on the scale this morning and I weigh 15 less than what I weighed when I first started, essentially gaining 145 lbs. I never thought I would be back in this position but I'm here now and need to get back to where I was. I started a brand new acct and hope I can be as successful as the last time. Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• weebo1980
    weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hi iam new here to its a long old struggle isnt it? we got this x
  • Meg035
    Meg035 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'll add you... I can always use the motivation!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You've done it once, no doubt you can do it again! Feel free to add me, I'm here daily.
  • jlong9128
    jlong9128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 49....married , with two grown children and two small children under 8 yrs.old and starting over after an anxiety attack that affected me for days.....I am obese...275 lbs and the ER doctor thinks I may have Sleep apnea...but with no insurance ......but going to get lab results Friday...ugghhhh!
  • amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
  • jollybabe99
    jollybabe99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you how u doing?
  • Lee1st1974
    Lee1st1974 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Jlynne076 wrote: »
    I used MFP with a lot of success a few years ago and lost 160 lbs and kept it off for a bit. I had a loss in my family and really struggled after that. I stepped on the scale this morning and I weigh 15 less than what I weighed when I first started, essentially gaining 145 lbs. I never thought I would be back in this position but I'm here now and need to get back to where I was. I started a brand new acct and hope I can be as successful as the last time. Please feel free to add me.

Hi, I'm also starting again but I'm new MFP.
    You have lost it before and you can do it again by using the same determination and courage. If you would like support and motivation feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • Jlynne076
    Jlynne076 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jlong9128 wrote: »
    Hello! I am 49....married , with two grown children and two small children under 8 yrs.old and starting over after an anxiety attack that affected me for days.....I am obese...275 lbs and the ER doctor thinks I may have Sleep apnea...but with no insurance ......but going to get lab results Friday...ugghhhh!

That sounds really scary. Hopefully your labs come back okay
  • cdk4
    cdk4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We can do this !!! Feel free to friend me !!
  • kapp4455
    kapp4455 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Now it is time to put the pedal to the metal
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to loose 100lbs please add me as your friend. I still don't know how. arghhhh
  • Kiki7254
    Kiki7254 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over too! Lost 40lbs 4 yrs ago and now gained 50 back
  • klauss_torres
    klauss_torres Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I lost almost a 100 and almost gained back. I lost it super fast too, now after reading some books and taking some classes I know that I have to do it slow and steady, not to rush it, most people fail and end up in the same place or worst. Now im losing like a 1lb or 2lb per week, I eat healthy 80% of the day and other 20% is whatever I want, but I make sure it fits my goals, and last but not least I don't kill my self anymore doing 7mi cardio 5 times a week and later weights. Now is only weights and if I plateu I small time cardio, it is tempting to go and run and do an hr cardio.
  • Jlynne076
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Thank you!
  • Jlynne076
    Options
    You are not alone, I lost almost a 100 and almost gained back. I lost it super fast too, now after reading some books and taking some classes I know that I have to do it slow and steady, not to rush it, most people fail and end up in the same place or worst. Now im losing like a 1lb or 2lb per week, I eat healthy 80% of the day and other 20% is whatever I want, but I make sure it fits my goals, and last but not least I don't kill my self anymore doing 7mi cardio 5 times a week and later weights. Now is only weights and if I plateu I small time cardio, it is tempting to go and run and do an hr cardio.

We will get there again!
  • Jlynne076
    Options
    times60 wrote: »
    I am struggling to loose 100lbs please add me as your friend. I still don't know how. arghhhh

I sent you a request
  • MovingRumsAss
    MovingRumsAss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a family loss, a few health set backs, and 40lb gain. I have 90lbs to lose in all. I keep reminding myself "Learn from the past but done get stuck there". Feel free to add me.
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I lost 65 on here a few years back and gained back 50. I started back on here again recently and could use some more friends too!