The long road to healthy: Newbie (UK)

Options
UnderlandRose
UnderlandRose Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2018 in Introduce Yourself
So I’m new to MyFitnessPal but have one severely long road to go on. Luckily I’m stubborn so it will not beat me. Lol.

Looking for new friends on the same road for inspiration and motivation so feel free to add me :)

Also using Garmin VivoActive HR watch in sync with MyFitnessPal so if you want to connect on GarminConnect also just let me know :)

Replies

• vickylc17
    vickylc17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
  • vickylc17
    Options
    Whats your goal? And whats your plan of action? Just curious!...i’m currently doing a VLCD using slimfast meal replacement bars
  • johndu41
    johndu41 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, would be happy to add you
  • B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on a mission too, aiming to cut out processed foods as much as possible and move more. I'll add you now. Good luck :smiley:
  • UnderlandRose
    UnderlandRose Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    vickylc17 wrote: »
    Whats your goal? And whats your plan of action? Just curious!...i’m currently doing a VLCD using slimfast meal replacement bars

Hi Vicky (^_^)
    So Goal #1 is to just go slow and steady towards losing the ultimate weight of 100lbs.
    Goal #2 is a further 40-50lbs (after the initial mass of 100 lol)

Plan of Action: Honestly, I have no major Fitness/rigorous plan set up.
    Current/Past lifestyle has been very much a huge battle with Physical Disabilities as well as sever periods of Depression/Anxiety among other mental health disorders.
    So for the Moment the Changes being made are:
    • Increase Activity levels (walk the Dog further than normal, be on feet more than sitting, Re-Start Yoga etc)
    • Portion Control
    • Swap out sugary treats and drinks with Water and Fruit
    • and the main one: Remember it takes Time! Results are not instant and not to be discouraged or down if i have a "bad" day.
  • vickylc17
    Options
    Achievable goals and plan of action makes sense! Good luck with it all.
    I absolutly relate with the anxiety aspect, sometimes this can have a major impact on your life.
    It absolutely does take time. But by experience once you start a new routine if you can stick to it for about 2 weeks it normally falls into place by itself...or is that just me!...im hoping to loose a stone by the summer ...fingers crossed
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm on Garmin too, will try and add you there.