Please help me tone my arms!

I want to tone my arms... by summer. Any arm exercise advice, please? :smiley:

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    By toning I assume you would like your muscles to show? Low BF is the key to this. Incorporate a progressive lifting program and lift heavy. Make sure you are not eating in a deficit as you need a calorie surplus to grow muscles. Muscle growth can take a long time so be patient.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    By toning I assume you would like your muscles to show? Low BF is the key to this. Incorporate a progressive lifting program and lift heavy. Make sure you are not eating in a deficit as you need a calorie surplus to grow muscles. Muscle growth can take a long time so be patient.

Eating in a deficit will allow for lowering of bodyfat %. While I agree that muscle base is a factor in how the definition shows when fat is lost, I'm sure OP has some muscle to work to look toned and doesn't need to worry about eating in a surplus right now (which will do the opposite of giving her defined arms since fat will be gained too). If she is at a good weight but lacks muscle I would recommend recomp or eating at maintenance over a surplus in this case.

So OP .. eat in a deficit if you have weight to lose, or you can eat at maintenance..also follow a lifting program that has you progressing over time, get adequate protein in your diet (~0.8g per lb lean body mass/goal weight at least)

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Eating in a deficit will allow for lowering of bodyfat %. While I agree that muscle base is a factor in how the definition shows when fat is lost, I'm sure OP has some muscle to work to look toned and doesn't need to worry about eating in a surplus right now (which will do the opposite of giving her defined arms since fat will be gained too). If she is at a good weight but lacks muscle I would recommend recomp or eating at maintenance over a surplus in this case.

So OP .. eat in a deficit if you have weight to lose, or you can eat at maintenance..also follow a lifting program that has you progressing over time, get adequate protein in your diet (~0.8g per lb lean body mass/goal weight at least)

This. You can't spot reduce OP. If you want fitter looking arms you have to change how your whole body looks. Your arms Wil follow. If you could spot reduce through exercise. Powerlifters would be the most shredded people on the planet but it's often the opposite
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member

Thank you so much!
  • Monroe121

Thank you so much!
  • Monroe121
    jessef593 wrote: »

This. You can't spot reduce OP. If you want fitter looking arms you have to change how your whole body looks. Your arms Wil follow. If you could spot reduce through exercise. Powerlifters would be the most shredded people on the planet but it's often the opposite

Thank you so much!