Keto shopping list

Options
Hey going shopping here soon for keto was wondering what are some of your essentials on your keto shopping list?

Replies

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Keto, but have seen tons of people talking about it for a long time.

Steak, Beef, Turkey, Fish, Shrimp, Eggs, etc.
  • LindaCCherry
    LindaCCherry Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i'm not officially doing Keto either but rather just eating lower carbs than before, but second @jflongo. I also keep on hand bacon, sausage, kale, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, Premier Protein Chocolate drinks (found in the pharmacy at my local walmart), baby carrots, turkey jerky, and pepperoni slices
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OMG, how did I forget BACON!!! :) Also, beef or turkey sticks, beef or turkey jerkey.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What everyone has said, plus lots of fresh veggies. I love roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts (higher in carbs, yes, but awesome with a little olive oil and feta cheese). Don't forget cheese sticks for quick snacks. Watch the mayo you buy, some has carbs. I like the olive oil mayo. I find canned tuna and cooked or canned chicken make a quick, filling lunch with some avocado. Eggs, so you can make deviled eggs for snacks as well. Good luck
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My shopping cart is mainly tons of green veggies, chicken, turkey bacon/sausage, eggs, fish (especially salmon, which is my favorite), and then nuts and cheese (I like full-fat cheese, but buy small servings like those tiny little bites of Brie, for portion control.) I don't really like pork/beef/lamb and prefer leaner poultry, but you CAN eat higher fat of those if you want. I'd say half of what I buy is fresh produce, though. Brussels sprouts for days!
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Spinach, arugula, peanut butter, avocados, cauliflower, mushrooms, meat of all descriptions (including some ready-to-eat), heavy cream, berries, grated Parmesan, eggs, macadamia nuts, and cooking fats would get me through the week. Oh! And coleslaw mix.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All the avocado. Clear out one store and go to the next. You might have enough then to last a week. Then repeat the process for eggs. ;)

Besides everyone's suggestions above, almond milk (unsweetened), almond and coconut flours, hemp hearts (we love the hemp heart low carb overnight fridge oatmeal), and fancy olive oils. Like, really bougie infused ones. Having flavored olive oil on a salad is an easy way for me to cut some of the sugar and carbs in most salad dressings. Lots of different seafoods, too. Shrimp, fish, mussels, crab or lobster when it's on sale, etc.

Almonds, too. They make great snacks.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lots of green vegetables.