• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    yes its normal
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    pkweier wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. On Monday when I did my daily weigh in at my normal time it was the lower weight. Today back to the higher weight although I know the reason for that had a ceasar salad for dinner which had a lot of salt. I'm getting better at not letting the bounces bother me.

I need to get better at this. I am uber protective of the weight loss and afraid of repeating old failure behavior. Intellectually, I know it is fine if I suddenly see a 3 pound jump and there is now way it could possibly be anything but water but it freaks me out.

Oh how I understand this
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I always take the lower number!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    pkweier wrote: »
    I got up my usual time and weighted in my usual way after the bathroom and no clothes. Then I laid back down for a few more winks well I woke up three hours later and just for the heck of it weighed myself again ( no bathroom break) and I was 2 pounds lighter. This also happened a few weeks ago when I got 3 hours later than my usual time. I would love to say I broke into the 120's a number I haven't seen since grade school.

I'm trying to maintain although thought about cutting back some this month to prepare for the month of May due to many milestone celebrations so if I "gain" a few pounds back in May I won't feel so bad.

So which number do you think is correct?

Pam

Body weight isn't static...your maintenance weight is a range, not a particular number.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yup my regular weigh in is on a weekend day for me for exactly that reason. I always weigh less when I sleep longer. I live in a fairly dry climate so my thoughts are just resperation causing water loss although I often get up to use the washroom too.