Any other martial artists?

Options
Couldn't find any recent threads - just wondering if there's anyone else who's actively training in a martial art of some variety, and how you fit that into your overall fitness plan?

Found out recently that "my" martial art has expanded their long distance training program (been waiting years to resume training!) and I've already applied and started reviewing my old material to get back into the swing of things.

I plan on part of my workouts to include this, then strength training, with the ability to add in some of the workouts I've been doing when I want some variety.

Very excited to have the chance to officially train again.

Replies

• meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm in group "martial arts - fighting fit" they cover all of them no prejudice
  • AnnieLewandowski302
    AnnieLewandowski302 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow MA practicer! I'm doing Krav Maga. 3x/week with strength training 2x/week and light/recovery days 2x/week. I use a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ in class to track HR/calories (unless we're doing techniques wherein my watch could hurt someone - groundwork/chokeholds/etc.) and I find it to be a really good workout most days on it's own. Between 250-350 calories depending on the intensity of that day's class.
  • kattis81
    kattis81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do Brazilian jiu jitsu 2-3 times and kickboxing once per week. In addition I do ashtanga yoga and strength training, depending on my recovery levels.

If you are just getting back then maybe do just some MA training and see how your body takes that. Training MA itself can be quite hard without additional strength and fitness training
  • hufflepie
    hufflepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been training in Muay Thai for about 8 months, taking anywhere between 3-5 classes a week(sometimes 2 back to back). Its super addicting, I love it. Between days I'm usually running, too.