Samsung gear fit 2 good? Which is the Best fitness watch?

Options
Hi I am a mom trying to get fit everyday. I am wanting to buy a fitness smart watch for motivation and tracking.
I own an android phone.

I heard the samsung gear fit 2 is very nice and i like the style. But is it accurate? Anyone has this one and can confirm and reccomend?

I need one that had Heart Rate and i like the extra tools like text and sleep tracking.

What are u using?

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I was using the old Gear Live for EVERYTHING, steps. Heartrate, sleep, and phone stuff, and loved it. Sadly it died after 4 years, so I'm wavering between the gear 3, the Sport or waiting for the Gear 4.
    I was really dissapointed that the LG watches last year didn't have HR monitors. :'( they were perfect otherwise.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I was also interested, so I read this https://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/10-best-fitness-trackers-1277905 . It does say that gear 2 is one of the best, but if you do not need waterproof or smth, maybe some cheaper (like Fitbit Charge 2) would be enough for you?

At the moment I am trying to wait for some later model... I hate the looks of Gear 3.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Samsung because my experience is that they don't stand by their products. I had a Gear Fit 2 that I loved, but when it died under warranty and they wouldn't replace it, I bought a Garmin Vivosmart 3 and couldn't be happier that I made the change.

I find it's accurate for the things I do, which is mostly running.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    This link from DCRainmaker will probably be the most relevant for you given that you didn't say that you needed it for an sports related activities (cycling, running, swimming, etc). This is also one of the few times when I would say to make sure to read the comments as they are generally useful as well.
  • lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the Gear 3 and love it. I find it to be pretty accurate for things like steps/tracking distance/HR, however I do not wear it to bed as I find it typically will only go 2 days before needing charged. I find it's easiest to just put it on the charger each night when I got to bed. The Gear 3 has the texting function, but it's pretty cumbersome to use on the watch (at least to reply). It's great to read the text msgs and emails, or to do things like see who's calling and answer a call. The speaker is a bit "tinny" sounding, but works well. I've only had mine about 6 months, but really like it so far.
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had the gear fit 2 and loved it more than my Fitbit, I gave it to my brother recently because I opted for a more stylish Andriod watch frok fossil (I didn't need the heart rate monitor anymore). My brother also loves it!
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    This link from DCRainmaker will probably be the most relevant for you given that you didn't say that you needed it for an sports related activities (cycling, running, swimming, etc). This is also one of the few times when I would say to make sure to read the comments as they are generally useful as well.

Thanks, I am interested for something, but I do not like the huge block shape of most of them :/
  • angelcake1978
    angelcake1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any that track swim lengths, please??
  • iancity
    iancity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check out DC Rainmaker (as in the link provided earlier). his reviews are absolutely crack on for any tech stuff (and he covers swimming wearables as well).