New, veg-head trying to lose 20lbs

Options
Hello. New to myfitness pal, but not to trying to lose weight. Since I was a kid, my weight has always been up and down and up and down. My metabolism is an *kitten*, basically. I gain weight quickly, and I only lose it quickly by being really unhealthy. I'm sick of it. I want to get on track.

I deal with depression and anxiety, and I have to say that sometimes this makes me not want to eat at all, and other times I'm like the never ending binge eating monster who hates herself before, during and after.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking your metabolism is kitten. It's not. And you can change it by moving more - it really is that simple.

Stop the all or nothing mentality. Set yourself small realistic goals.

Commit to logging your food accurately and consistently staying within your given calories and keep doing that every single day.

All the best.
  • listeningattic
    listeningattic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, my metabolism is indeed an *kitten* because I have fibomialgia onset by lyme....so that's a real thing. And not sure what you mean by all or nothing. If you are referring to my eating habits from my anxiety, that's not a conscious mentality. I'm not all or nothing when it comes to eating better and exercising.

Not all bodies are the same.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    My reply was a general one, not a personal one so my apologies if you took it personally.

I know about FM, my SIL has it and it sucks. So you will be more sedentary in general but weight loss is still possible. What calories did MFP give you to lose?