Protien shake

Options
What is a good meal replacement protein shake? Have tried 310 but really expensive and I like protien shakes for breakfast and sometimes dinner on busy nights

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements

If you want a meal replacement because you are busy, check out one of the ones in the above link
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend any meal replacement protein shakes, but I quickly make meals using protein powder and a few ingredients. Breakfast is only 214 calories and keeps me full for hours:

508d5d343b01d9ab627d2db3d755c7ab.png

I do like the coconut to rehydrate in the hot coffee for an hour, and I soak the chia seeds for that time as well. I have the time to do this in the AM; if I did not, I would make it the night before.

Once it finally warms up here in Massachusetts, I'll be going back to having my protein powder plus fruits and veggies smoothie for lunch. That has about 400 calories and keeps me full til dinner. It takes about 15 minutes to make and clean up after. I use frozen strawberries for this for most of the year.

ns0wuwcre1vh.jpg

PS - I drink them very slowly. Since the second one includes a raw egg, I put it in and out of the frig.
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use RSP Nutrition TrueFit for my meal replacement also mix in half scoop of casein for my lunch time meal shake give much more filling result for me. Almost any meal replacement shake should be fine just watch the macros of them and the vitamin/mineral content for meal replacement they should be listed and in the 30% or higher range all about what you like for texture and flavor. I do 1 shake for breakfast, 1 for lunch and protein bar for snack then regular dinner then casein shake for bedtime some fruit for snacks when need it, might not be everyone's cup of tea but it works for me (-120 lbs down).
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've been using Vega All-in-One. It has 20g of protein. I've been reading some not-so-good stuff about Vega though, so I may switch to something else.
  • AZSCUBAMOM1
    AZSCUBAMOM1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nobody is too busy to eat, get your priorities sorted. And nobody becomes overweight by not having time to eat.

You're right. But being really busy and making the choice to have a protein meal replacement shake rather than running through a fast food drive thru is commendable!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well for protein powder I like optimum nutrition. It’s not a “meal replacement” per say but I do drink it for breakfast and it keeps me from getting hungry til lunchtime.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Lately I have just been mixing protein powder with milk and drinking it. Works out to about 30-35g of protein depending on what protein powder I am using. I usually pair that with some Greek yogurt with fruit and granola a little later in the morning. Usually when I get up in the morning, I don't want to take the time to make something in the blender (then wash it) or cook something up (then wash the pan), so it works for me.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    DanaDark wrote: »
    I use SlimFast's advanced nutrition... its significantly lower sugar, and double the protein of the normal shake at only 180 calories. Has vitamins and all that added too.

It is definitely a better lunchtime option at work than In and Out or Mountain Mike's pizza buffet nearby.

I usually have just coffee for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then basically can have whatever I want for dinner. And since 180 calories isn't very much for a lunch, I can go ahead and snack on some mixed nuts at work or something without breaking the calorie bank.
    I guess it is getting wooed because it has "Slim Fast" mentioned, but any other processed protein product would not even get a second look?