The Diamond Challenge: Week 4 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Wednesday's qotd: I have hit my goal and have bought myself a nice pair of leather boots!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??

Actually I've never thought of a reward! The weight itself will be my reward I think!

I never reward myself for anything!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: What nutrition or fitness tool can you no longer live without?

For me, it would be my food scale. I bought it about a month after joining MFP and can’t imagine not having it now. I’ve used it so many times that I’ve gotten very good at measuring out a serving size, but I still always use it for confirmation.

Happy Thursday everyone! Looking forward to seeing all of those throwback pics :)
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

I can honestly say that I don't have a nutrition/fitness tool I can't live without.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I can honestly say that I don't have a nutrition/fitness tool I can't live without.

Same here!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    MFP! Water, My new JM kettleball set & yoga mat My new exercise bra (total support & low bounce!)
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??
    I never really thought about it! I would like to go get a full body massage after all of this working out I definitely will need it,
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Thursday QOTD: What nutrition or fitness tool can you no longer live without?[

It would definitely have to be my food scale and my hrm.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

I am hoping to reach my goal (or be close to it) by my hubby's Christmas party this year - and be able to buy a really cute holiday outfit! Actually, he wants to pick it out - he says he wants me to show some skin!! LOL!

MFP and my workout DVD's....I use both virtually every day!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options

It would definitely have to be my HRM! :-)
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I'd say MFP and my food scale
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

MFP, my HRM, my food scale, and water (don't know how I went 30 years without getting 8 oz every day. It's all I want now.)
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options

I can't live without my HRM watch. I workout to multiple dvds, so I also cant live without my dvds.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??

I was going to use a massage at my mini-goal and new clothes at my final goal, but I ended up going for a massage yesterday to treat an injury. For all of you that are using a massage as your reward, I highly suggest going for one sooner! As long as it's a treatment massage and not a relaxation massage, you'll be able to fix up any issues with your muscles which will allow you to work even harder.

I would have to say HRM and food scale.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Heart rate monitor, closely seconded by my sports bra!!!
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??

Buy a few outfits maybe even more than a few.lol:)
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thu 08/11/11 02:05 PMThursday QOTD: What nutrition or fitness tool can you no longer live without?
    my hrm and my exercise tv on demand.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

When I lost weight previously I always would use food as a reward which was pretty silly, no wonder I could never keep the weight off !! This time around I have not actually set any rewards and I'm still not sure what my end goal is. I have been buying clothes here and there as I have been losing, kinda have too seeing as I'v gone down about 4-6 dress sizes. But I guess when I get to my end goal weight I will save up some cash and have a big shopping spree. All this talk of massages has me thinking I might just have to treat myself one soon, my poor muscles are a bit sore from the extra effort I have been putting in lately.

Of course MFP and definately my HRM, I love it and use it to constantly challenge myself, whether its to burn a certain amount of calories or to keep my heart rate above a certain number, I have never worked so hard in fitness in my life!!!

I
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday

Since you have started using MFP...what are some new exercises or group fitness classes you have tried? Did you like them? Would you recommend them to your friends and fellow Little Diamonds?

Of course, everyone on MFP loves 30DS and I can say that I'm on that bandwagon too. It is fast, effective, and cheap. Ever cheaper and a ton of fun was getting involved with 5K's. Some people can just go to the gym and run 3 or so miles with no sweat. I may even be becoming one of those people, but when I started this journey I could not run a mile without exhaustion on the deepest level! So, I would definitely say training for and participating in a 5K helped my fitness level and is something that I will continue to do because the race itself was so much fun!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

A shot glass! No, really! I have a shot glass (more like a double) that holds exactly 1/4 of a cup of water. I use it all the time for quickly measuring out foods that I don't feel like weighing or truly measuring. For example, a serving of oatmeal is two shot glasses full. A half serving of ice cream is one shot glass full... etc. I do use my kitchen scale, but when I am on the go I just grab the shot glass and always know about how much I had!