How can I uninvite someone to workout?

Options
sheltondq
sheltondq Posts: 51 Member
I asked a friend 1 to do a half marathon with me last year. We started training together and then she got sick and didn’t want to work out for a few weeks. Once she was better I kept asking her to workout/train and she always said no, she had already did it. Well race day came and after mile marker 1 she messaged me to say she was pushed down by a old lady and couldn’t go on because she was hurt. Then she preceded to message me through out the race on (Apple Watch) to complain about everything...

Fast forward to a year later and we are planning a vacation with the girls we went to college with. Well me and friend 2 ( that I got into running) are planning to run in the mornings before we do stuff. Friend 1 made a sly comment that she doesn’t think friend 2 will actually run and then invited herself on the runs. Today I said that I planned to run the few miles and then head to the hotel to get on with my day. Friend 1 said she thought we were only doing a couple blocks.

I wish we never would have said anything. How do I get friend 1 to back out?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she already wants to back out by thinking it was only a few blocks, so just say nope a few miles and cross your fingers she'll drop it.
  • sheltondq
    sheltondq Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    stop inviting her and go do your own thing. if she asks tell her when shes ready to take it seriously she's welcome to tag along.

I didn’t invite her to go. She asked what the plans were for the mornings while we are on vacation. I said that me and friend 2 would be running before breakfast, and would meet them after. Friend 1 then proceeded to invite herself for the runs.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    She’ll run one day then back out. Then you can be true to yourself.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Let her come, inform her of how long you are going for, keep running when she stops?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Tell her that she can go a couple of blocks with you and then turn back alone if she really wants to. If that doesn't sound fun to her maybe she should skip it entirely. Tell her it is okay if she doesn't want to do longer runs with you. Running doesn't seem to be her passion and that is fine.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you want F1 to drop out, run the few miles. Laugh when she says, "Wait!"