1 Boiled egg vs 1 string cheese

Options
So they both have basically the same Marcos. Think one is better for the body? Or are they the same. Trying to up my protein and fat at the same time

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Whatever is more satisfying. I would have the egg, I have had those string cheese thingies and I would still be hungry. Whatever works for you.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like eggs better than cheese, so I'd choose an egg.

You can also eat things like 4% cottage cheese, full- fat yogurt, bacon strips, beef meatballs, sausage links.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of the previous posters...hardboiled yolks are gross, so I'd choose the cheese.

And really, you could probably do both together...it's only 150 calories at most.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Eggs are more filling to me, but that's probably because the cheese is tastier, lol.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite of the previous posters...hardboiled yolks are gross, so I'd choose the cheese.

And really, you could probably do both together...it's only 150 calories at most.

What about hard boiled whites? How about soft boiled eggs? Or eggs in any other form? Just cheese alone wouldn't fill me.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I stock and eat them both. Often at the same time for the same meal.

Hard boiled eggs need a bit more prep depending on how you want to eat them.

String cheese, you just rip open the wrapper and pop it in your mouth.

Hard boiled eggs do not travel well and are risky to eat unless you can keep them cold. String cheese will hold up w/o refrigeration w/even in hot weather.

So, to me, it's a toss up and the choice just comes down to convenience and/or which you simply prefer to eat if/when you need to make the choice.
  • mudknuckles
    mudknuckles Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    No one ever string cheesed a house. Therefore eggs are better.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'd say string cheese. Because it's fun to eat and because eggs cause me stomach issues. Other than that, the difference is not really worth considering beyond preference. I mean yeah, you could nitpick that eggs have more trans fat, or that eggs have better nutrient diversity, that cheese is higher in calcium or that it's higher in sodium...etc. This is all meaningless in the scope of a whole diet. Eat what you prefer.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Different amino acid profiles. Ergo switch up between the two.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No one ever string cheesed a house. Therefore eggs are better.

Probably because string cheese costs so much. :lol:
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would actually eat both for my snack.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you like both and they both give you what you want then why not just alternate eggs and string cheese for snacks? You don't really have to choose just one thing to have for snacks.