Burn calories without getting hot?

Options
On meds that screw up my metabolism and among other things hinder my body’s ability to cool itself properly. Any suggestions for a good workout considering this challenge?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ccindy2018 wrote: »
    On meds that screw up my metabolism and among other things hinder my body’s ability to cool itself properly. Any suggestions for a good workout considering this challenge?

how does it screw up your metabolism? and what kind of medicine is it if you dont mind saying?
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Walking. You can even do it indoors in your own home. Look up Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home workouts on YouTube. I found her after an injury when I needed something less strenuous, but would still keep me moving. She has videos for all levels of fitness.

Can you set up a box fan to blow on you as you exercise? Just an idea.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Swimming
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Walking, it’s easy to pile on the miles withought breaking a sweat.

Swimming - I always end up getting cold doing this

Failing that get a big assed fan at home whack it at your body and workout slower than you are over heating
  • ccindy2018
    ccindy2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I have money for a gym membership that will definitely work. Thanks!
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cindy, any type of movement will burn calories. :p So an easy walk or bike ride is better than sitting. Check Youtube for beginner exercises; the Leslie Sansone videos that were recommended are excellent.
  • ccindy2018
    ccindy2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    slw37 wrote: »
    Cindy, any type of movement will burn calories. :p So an easy walk or bike ride is better than sitting. Check Youtube for beginner exercises; the Leslie Sansone videos that were recommended are excellent.

I agree. I was hoping that there was something fun. But oh well walking it is. And the cc are my initials Indy is my city lol. My name is Candice. Thank you for your input!
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I agree. I was hoping that there was something fun. But oh well walking it is. And the cc are my initials Indy is my city lol. My name is Candice. Thank you for your input!

Sorry about your name; I "assumed."

You might put on some music and do a little dancing around... just don't get crazy!!! Good luck.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My health insurance helps pay for mine.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walking. You can even do it indoors in your own home. Look up Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home workouts on YouTube. I found her after an injury when I needed something less strenuous, but would still keep me moving. She has videos for all levels of fitness.

Can you set up a box fan to blow on you as you exercise? Just an idea.

This^

A ceiling fan or box fan can work wonders while you are "walking" along with Leslie. No choreography so you can make the workout harder or easier.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg

Jessica Smith (there's a little choreography): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCMUGnWVIg
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options

A few years back, I watched some clips of home excising, so basically your kind just walk on the same spot and doing some steps side ways, jumping jack if you feel up to it, add some arm movements too. You can do this in your home while watching TV at night.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would say weight lifting. Also, when my friends kid had this issue while he did Taekwondo, he would take slightly longer breaks and have a damp wet rag to help keep him cool.