Lunch 4 work

Options
Any lunch ideas I can pack to work that are light, but still healthy?

Replies

• itisidaisy
    itisidaisy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like making stir fry because you can change it up and keep it healthy. I also take a piece of fruit or baby carrots
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets, a fresh fruit and vegetable. Maybe some cheese and nuts too. Depending on how many calories.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I dont know. I eat 9 egg whites, spinach and mushrooms every day. You could do that lol. Not exciting but I don't feel like messing around with high calorie lunches when I'm busy/stressed.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    I often have:
    • homemade soup and a roll/mini naan bread
    • chicken & quinoa salad
    • falafel wrap
    • cold pasta salad
    • leftovers with salad/rice

I usually prep my lunches for the work week on a Sunday so I can grab & go each morning.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Tuna, salad, sandwich, soup, leftovers. What do you like?
  • sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of wraps and salads. Lots of chicken filled with lettuce and veggies, Soups sometimes. Veggies, Greek Yogurt, hardboiled eggs, fruit, string cheese, portioned out almonds, all sorts of stuff. Tomorrow is a tuna sandwich with fat free miracle whip, lettuce, and one slice of cheese on whole wheat bread.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I usually have for lunch what I had for dinner the night before. If I cook a steak or pork chop with some veg and potatoes, I make enough to pack the next day and usually eat half the protein for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day. That is on top of the yogurt, fruit, cheese stick and whatever else I take to work to snack on during the day.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker so my lunches are essentially a combination of snacks like:

- Small portions of leftovers
    - Egg salad (1 egg, onion, tons of cekery, dill, light mayo) with whole grain bread or crackers
    - hummus with dippers or spread on a small sandwich flat
    - banana
    - clear soup or chili
    - Greek yogurt
    - Roasted veggies
    - small baked potato
    - 100 calorie popcorn sprinkled with parmesan and seasoning
    - cottage cheese with fruit
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like salad so I'll take half a bag of greens, add some protein (animal or not), a few grams of nuts/raisins and a tablespoon of oil and vinegar. Maybe a piece of fruit too. I'm not a snacker.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I usually pack things I cooked from the night before, some days I'll have an almond butter sandwhich with 2 slices of whole grain bread with chicken or turkey on the side.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I take rice/veggies, pretzels, and a fruit. Or sometimes another veggie but raw.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of salad greens with whatever leftover protein/rice/grain/veggies from dinner the night before.

I also do food prep on Sunday with a big quinoa salad or rice & beans, then make burrito type bowls.

I just watched a news clip on making a homemade mason jar noodle soup that looked interesting. You pack ramen, veggies and flavorings (miso paste, tamari) in a jar then just add hot water when you want to eat it. Haven't tried it yet but want to.
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Broccoli,carrots, hummus, and cheese for lunch. I commute so I like foods that are safe without refrigeration.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do either salads with tuna packets or hard boiled eggs, or a turkey breast sandwich on Dave's Killer Bread - the thin slice version - with a bit of mayo. I grab a piece of fruit with the latter.
  • pettu
    pettu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    grilled veg + Quorn ( slightly spiced up as per taste) with or without couscous + fruit
    raw red pepper + cherry tomatoes + feta cheese salad ( salt and pepper as per taste)
    grated carrot + cherry tomatoes + corn + beetroot ( cooked/ raw), +/- feta/ cottage cheese , +/- chopped coriander- with lemon juice/salt and pepper as per taste...
    You can add any form of protein to above - eggs... or meat

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I always take:
    A large homemade salad (no dressing), a small yoghurt and a small sandwich. For snacks usually two mandarins, an apple or other fruits. The salad often contains left over veggies from the pervious dinner too.

As I hate trowing away food, it means I will not go to the rather excellent restaurant we have on site
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My desk draw is full of canned soup. For me that’s perfect - always available, low calorie, low fat, fills me up and easy to count the calories.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I make a turkey sandwich, bring a greek yogurt and a banana and I'm golden! Maybe an apple or protein bar for a snack and my day is good! Takes me maybe 5 minutes top to make my lunch and I'm out of the house. Maybe 350-450 calories (if I eat the banana).
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch is a PB&J. Love em, have one almost every day for lunch.