Looking for phentermine friends (not drug seekers)

Options
New to taking phentermine, and weirdly im gaining weight on it. Getting super discouraged, would like some friends for motivation & support!!! Im in my 30s and mom to a teen. Add me!!!

Replies

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-4151/phentermine-oral/details

"Phentermine HCL

COMMON BRAND(S): Adipex-P, Ionamin, Pro-Fast

GENERIC NAME(S): Phentermine

Uses

Phentermine is used with a doctor-approved exercise, behavior change, and reduced-calorie diet program to help you lose weight. It is used by certain overweight people, such as those who are obese or have weight-related medical problems. Losing weight and keeping it off can lessen the many health risks that come with obesity, including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a shorter life.

It is not known how this medication helps people to lose weight. It may work by decreasing your appetite, increasing the amount of energy used by your body, or by affecting certain parts of the brain. This medication is an appetite suppressant and belongs to a class of drugs called sympathomimetic amines."

So why don't you open your diary, clarify how long you have working to correct your eating habits, and explain what sort of exercise program you have been following?

Most people are on here because they are at least attempting to use MFP properly.

Bemoaning the fact that a drug you are taking isn't working --almost certainly because it isn't being used as intended-- will not get you many MFP "friends".

On a related note, you do not need or "motivation" or "support" to lose weight.
    This process takes Discipline, Dedication and a Calorie Deficit - no matter what sort of short-cut you are trying to take.

jl9l9rfc9b64.jpg

• gibbs5650
    gibbs5650 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    With phentermine you still have to do a lower calorie diet with exercise or it will not help. It does boost your energy level.
  • hollywood769
    hollywood769 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm no longer on phentermine but I'd like to chime in real quick about my experience. A small number of people retain water while using phentermine. I happen to be one of those people and you mat be to. It took a long time for me to see any results on the scale. The Dr. I was seeing suggested I only weigh myself once a month vs all the time like I was. Also if your working out then muscle gain will throw off weight loss. It is better to focus on measurements over weight. Over the course of several months I didn't really lose a lot of weigh but I did lose a lot of inches and body fat over all. At first I was really discouraged because the Dr. had a success wall in her office which showed people that had lost 30,40 even 50 pounds in the course of a couple of months and here I was only losing like 5 or 10. Of course I'm back here because I made a huge mistake relying on just a pill to fix me. I didn't make any real lifestyle changes and over the course of 2 years and stopping the meds, I have gained all the weight back plus some. Now I have made some serious lifestyle changes for me and my family and am hoping that takes me to place I want to be. good Luck!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight (BBC, 2009)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kwif2
  • carol7323
    carol7323 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess

I started taking Phentermine yesterday. I never thought I would be one to take weight loss pills. Until about 4 years ago I could also lose weight if I exercised and watched my eating habits. Then life got in the way. It actually started when my last daughter was born 17 years ago. I found it was more difficult to lose the weight and took longer. Then a series of events led to a hysterectomy, knee surgery, a mass in my thyroid requiring it's removal, rotator cuff surgery and a couple other things. Each one set me back further. The toughest was my thyroid. The meds make it nearly impossible to lose weight.

I first tried losing it on my own and would get discouraged or sidetracked and give up for a while. Then my doctor prescribed Contrave for 6 months. I lost seven then gained 15 even though I followed the plan religiously. Yesterday she switched me to Phentermine. At this point I would try anything for help.

I consider it a tool just like my new treadmill purchased yesterday, my new membership to Orangetheory, and my stocked pantry. I'm not counting on it to do the work as I'm sure you aren't either. It will only work if we put in the effort and then keep up the effort when we can no longer take it. Don't let anyone discourage you to make a decision that is in your best interest with the best information you have available to you.

Be sure to go to Phentermine.com and read their recommendations for how to make your tool work best for you. Drink 8 oz of water with lemon every hour but not with meals. It helps flush out that water weight. Also capture the list of pH balanced foods so you always have it. I have it in my Notes so I have it at the store or restaurant.

I wish you the best and hope you have great success. Keep your chip up and your feet walking forward never backward.
  • BrittanyParis86
    BrittanyParis86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday, and I too have thyroid issues. I exercise 3-6 times a week at the gym, and work on my feet. I eat healthy and only occasionally drink. The weight hasn’t budged, but we’re still in the middle of trying to regulate my thyroid hormones. No one told me what a chore this would be lol. Anyway I’m really invested and serious about this. You’re welcome to add me if you’d like. It’s nice sometimes to have someone that gets it