Food Diary Feedback

Options
Guys I started using MFP recently again, I've been logging for ~50 days. And honestly I could use some advice now bc I'm not that good at nutrition.

In my case I'd like to know if I'm doing things right and what can I do to improve to get towards my goals. I guess I could do better if I knew better? :D My goal is recomp, I've been losing fat and gaining muscle pretty slowly for a year (eating at maintenance) so I'd say it's working regardless.. Anyway please share your thoughts on my food diary guys

Feel free to share your diary in this thread too in case you want others feedback! :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed.
  • 39laurita39
    39laurita39 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Your diary is closed.
    Sorry. Lol should be good now
  • 39laurita39
    Options
    Up
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you feel okay, you're doing okay. If you want to "improve nutrition", as in getting in more vitamins, you could eat less biscuits and more fruit.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yeah, what she said.

Your Food diary is in Spanish? I got most of it, but I don't see many vegetables or fruit. They are packed with nutrients and low calorie, so it would serve you to add them.

Also, your protein is really low. So I would suggest working on eating at least one meal per day with a good amount of protein and a pile of vegetables.

And eat those calories earned by exercise. You've been leaving hundreds of uneaten calories. You need those. :)
  • 39laurita39
    Options
    Thank you guys for your feedback.

Is eating 75-90 grams of protein a day that low?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    It may be fine, but I was looking at all the calories you were leaving after your exercise. The more exercise you do the more protein you will need for recovery. So even if you are eating 75g, your diary suggests you are low by another 80 grams on some days.

Is there some reason you don't eat back your exercise calories? What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • cmriverside
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • 39laurita39
    Options
    It may be fine, but I was looking at all the calories you were leaving after your exercise. The more exercise you do the more protein you will need for recovery. So even if you are eating 75g, your diary suggests you are low by another 80 grams on some days.

Is there some reason you don't eat back your exercise calories? What kind of exercise are you doing?
    I go by hunger really, some days I do eat them back, but I try not to eat all of them bc sometimes I go over my kcals on the weekends so I try to still keep my weekly deficit. Dunno if I'm doing that right.
    I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, 50-60min of lifting weights and 50-60min of stationary bike.

I have been trying to get more protein in but I didn't care about my daily that much bc I set that up myself so I wasn't sure it was ideal..