Trying to keep sugar intake low..?

Options
Im trying to watch my sugar intake along with sodium and carbs, but the sugar one is what I'm having the most trouble with. I love fruit and always have atleast 3 servings of it a day but this is putting me over my allowed sugar intake everyday, is it okay since its natural sugar and not the processed kind? Or should I not eat so much fruit?

Replies

• hatchet83
    Options
    Fruit contains natural sugars hich are fine! I wouldnt worry too much!!
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If its from fresh fruit no worries, eat away. Added sugar vs naturally sugar is big difference. also make sure all juices are fresh sqeezed yourself or they are 100% with nothing added to avoid the processed garbage. Its the items that you eat with added sugars that are bad (when you go over)....not saying cut out all snacks and deprive yourself.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Ditto above - I look at my sugar intake for the day and back out the fruit sugar and if that is under then I am good for the day. Natural sugar is no concern.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think if its not too much over, you can leave it - because its the fruit. But I would be very careful then about other sugary things!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters...don't worry about the sugar in your fruit!
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I don't count any sugar that comes from fruit even though MFP does. Just watch for fruit like the stuff that comes on the bottom of yogurt because they add sugar and other sweeteners to the already sweet products.
  • aarn6911
    aarn6911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I usually dont worry too much about sugar from fruit but I've hit a plateau so I figured I had to ask. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, oh well I'll just keep truckin hopefully I'll figure it out soon!