Best Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?

RunTLS
RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
What are your best/favorite, good-for-you recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the better eating portion of this...I thought my cooking was pretty healthy before so now I have NO idea what to make. I prefer to stick to more real (non-processed) food if possible, as opposed to the diet/low fat stuff.

So what do you all eat?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Breakfast: Eggs, or natural yoghurt with nuts or berries.
    Lunch: homemade soup or salad, usually containing tomatoes, cucumber, celery, with some protein, often fish.
    Evening: lean meats and loads of veg! Last nights veg were sauteed courgette batons with blue cheese crumbled on them, roast butternut squash with feta, and garlic mushrooms.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    B: Egg whites, and turkey bacon... sometimes I throw it on some bread
    L: A salad
    D: It varies, but something with a lot of meat and veggies! :P

Snacks: yogurt, fruit, raw veggies :)
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Breakfast: Egg, grapefruit and slice of wholemeal toast
    Lunch: Salad and chicken or fish
    Dinner: Meat or fish and tons of salad or veg with sweetcorn and tomatoes
    snacks: scrambled eggs or protein bar/shake
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Breakfast- old fashioned oatmeal cooked in milk with light margarine and 1 T real sugar
    Lunch- baby spinach with 1 c berries, grilled chicken, almond slivers and raspberry vinnagrette dressing
    Dinner- chicken, veggie, brown rice
  • auntiekj
    auntiekj Posts: 6 Member
    My favorite breakfast food right now is 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt with one splenda, 1 cupa of some kind of fruit (strawberries/raspberries), 3/4 cup fiber one or Kashi Go Lean. I've recently lost 108 pounds and this is what I have every other day for breakfast. You don't have to use greek yogurt I just do as it has more protein in it then regular yogurt. Enjoy.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Breakfast - Oatmeal with a little 1& milk and a piece of fruit (usually a banana or apple)
    Lunch - Salad with some form of a protein (egg, beans, tuna, lean beef, chicken breast) & a piece of fruit
    Supper - Protein oriented - Beans - eggs - lean meat
    Snacks - Usually a couple of small pieces of cheese with a couple of Triscuits. Some times salt free tortilia chips with home made - no salt added salsa. ( My after work snack)
    General snacks - Almonds or peanuts - salt free
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I don't eat breakfast, I just have a glass of chocolate soy milk. Lunch is nearly always leftovers. Dinner can be anything. Some examples:

Last night was spicy kidney beans and rice (sweet and hot peppers from the garden, onion, garlic, kidney beans, brown rice).
    Tonight is turkey cutlets and mashed cauliflower with mushroom/onion gravy and salad.
    We grill fish (any that will not fall apart on the grill) and fresh veggies a lot in the summber.
    Roasted chicken breasts and fresh green beans with garlic and mushrooms
    Shrimp stir fried with fresh veggies and served with a whole grain side (brown rice, bulgar, quinoa)
  • davy777
    davy777 Posts: 1
    Breakfast: 30gr of bran cereal with 150ml of skimmed milk
    Lunch: Cuppa soup, 250gr cherry tomatoes, 10 - 12 strawberries (depends on size of fruit)
    Dinner: Chicken breast steamed, 60gr of Chinese noodles, 200gr of any cooking sauce (pasta/Indian/Sweet n' Sour etc), box of mushrooms sliced and either steamed or boiled. Two red or white onions cooked along with the mushrooms. As a side portion, I love to add asparagus, if I can get the fresh stuff.
    Snack: Activa Intensely Creamy Peaches and Cream yogurt pot and a 25gr bag of Walkers Baked crisps (any flavour)
    So far, I've lost 76lbs since October 2010 and hope to lose another 14 - 20lbs by October 2011.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Breakfast: I don't get all excited about to be honest - usually a slice or two of wholemeal toast and some fruit / yoghurt
    Lunch: sliced chicken breast on a bed of rocket with cucumber, radishes, red onion and red pepper with a little low cal dressing, 2 mini wholemeal pitta breads and a dollop of humous
    Dinner: mini meat balls (1 and a half high quality Lincolnshire sausages [skin removed] fried in a little olive oil with 1 clove garlic and half an onion, then simmered in passata with oregano, fresh basil and black pepper) served with 60g of spaghetti and salad.

I can eat all that and remain on my 1200 cals a day!
  • My favorite breakfast is a egg white omelet with turkey sausage, cheese, and a bunch of veggies. I made one yesterday with 5 egg whites, 1 turkey sausage link, 1 slice of cheese, red peppers, yellow peppers, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It only had 189 calories, 20 carbs, 3g fat, 12 protein, 3 fiber, and 500mg sodium.
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    These all sound great! Thanks for the ideas everyone, this is a huge help! This just means I need to keep a lot more fruit in my house and a better assortment of veg. (we always have vegetables, just only a select few usually...). Thanks again!