Starting again and struggling already

Hello all,

Well I’m starting again, I have around 10 stone to lose in total. I’m going on holiday in 10 weeks, this was supposed to be a holiday to celebrate being at my goal weight but life got difficult and that hasn’t happened. I know I’m going to feel uncomfortable on the beech but I’m hoping to loose some weight before I go which may help me feel a little more comfortable. I don’t feel comfortable going to the gym so going to exercise at home.

I know it’s going to be a struggle but I’m going to try my best to stay at it this time. And support would be much appreciated.

Wish me luck I think I’m going to need it

Replies

• LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    I have 6 stone to lose, maybe even 7 depending on how i feel at 6 lost. I've lost 30lbs in 10 weeks so just over 2 stone. Good luck on your journey!
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    My mum always says "The way I look at it is no one is really comfortable in a bathing suit and once in the water we all jiggle the same way."
    So no matter how i feel at the beach i try to keep thay in my head:)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Don't know what your goal weight is but it's completely possibly to lose 20lbs (maybe even 30lbs if you have water weight) in 10 weeks! (losing 2lbs a week)

Good luck to you!

OP has 10 stone = 140lbs to lose.

Smaller goals is your best way OP. set yourself a goal of say 2lbs a week loss. Log your calories accurately and consistently. Move a bit more too as that will also help.

The main thing is you get starred and keep at it.

All the best.
    Ruth
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    You might consider setting your goals independent of your holiday so you don't go off the rails as you nurse your post-beach sunburn. Set a good weekly loss goal and then when you get to your departure date you will have made some reasonable progress by then. Walk every day--including at the beach.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Welcome, I’m trying to give myself small goals so I don’t overwhelm myself by the full amount I want to lose. I’m an emotional eater and I lost my mum last year so weight I had previously lost went back on. I’ve lost 10lbs so far and I’m hoping to lose another 4 stone. The first target I’ve given myself is to lose 2stone so nearly halfway there, I’m hoping giving myself small targets makes me feel like I’ve achieved something and keeps me on track.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    I lose mine one food choice at a time.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Everyone gave such great advise! I feel the same way, uncomfortable in a swimsuit! But I love the beach. Once I visited the northeastern coast (Portland, Oregon) and it was cool in July. I wore jeans and a sweater. I thought, this is my kind of beach!!!! I'd move there in a heartbeat!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I agree on smaller goals. In fact, this time around I am focusing on years instead of weight at least for now. The concept is that I want to look and feel like I did during earlier periods of my life and I want to be able to wear the clothes from those years. Don't get me wrong I know my current weight but I am choosing to ignore it as much as possible.

Right now I have travelled back in time to 2010-2011 and I am feeling pretty good about it. My first real goal is 2004-2005 which I should hit this year.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Lucky you having a holiday to look forward to -- and you don't have to wear anything on the beach that you don't want to. I don't think I'm cut out for a swimsuit even if I was at my goal weight.

I have close to 7lbs to lose, which is too huge to think about all at once. I try to aim for the next decade (190 right now), which feels like it's nicely achievable with a bit of work. Maybe you could think about doing something similar. Setting a small goal and meeting it might even make you feel a lot better on holiday.

I'd caution against pinning too much on the holiday too. I lost 70lbs for my wedding, but I was so focused on the big day that once it was over I relaxed, took my eye off the ball and gained it all back. I won't make that mistake again.

Keep checking in here -- we're all cheering for you!