New mom, 8 days on MFP and down 7.5 lbs!

Options
I have never been so excited in my life. Who would have ever thought that there was a reasonable and very achievable way to weight loss. The last 8 days have been a complete life style change for the better. My husband & I decided to join at the advice of my family doctor who lost over 50 lbs on MFP. I went to the doctor for my 8 week post-partum check up and was shocked to see that the scale was going up instead of down. I asked the doctor about weight loss pills and he said that I didnt need them, all I needed was to give MFP 6 solid weeks of my life and I would see the changes I was looking for and he was right. I have never dieted before and even after having my first daughter I was able to drop all 60lbs I gained and then some, not the case this go round though. I have always sat somewhere areound 150 but with MFP I am excited to get to a fit 135. I am 5'2 and my starting weight was 182 and now I am down to 174.2 this morning. My husband is 6'3 and started out around 250 and is now 234 after 8 days. We have paired MFP with a 30 minute core work out and I am so proud! I just wanted to share this with everyone and let everyone know that I read all of your posts everyday for inspiration.

Thanks MFP!

SW=182
CW=174.2
GW1=150
GW2=135

Replies

• JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Way to go and congrats on the little one!!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    What a great jumpstart!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats on both the baby and the weight loss. Keep it up!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Best wishes on your journey.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Has anyone tried Tae Bo? I believe my husband and I are going to try that next, Im very excited, just wondering if anyone has given it a try before. Hope to be at my GW1=150 by our wedding anniversary in Oct. Wish me luck!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Very well done, and I like the way you're finding workouts you like to do together!
  • unwritten87
    Options
    Congrats on your baby and the weigh lost! I bought TaeBo to begin exercising and I couldn’t keep up past 5 minutes. It wasn’t because I got too tired but because I could not follow the instructor for the life of me. I’ve taken aerobic and dance classes through middle school and high school, so you would think I’d be able to follow.

Anyway, I did some research online and found that a lot of people recommended Turbo Jam, it’s like a dancey kickboxing class. I LOVED this workout and actually looked forward to it. I haven’t exercised in a couple of weeks but just remembering how fun it is is making me want to work out tonight LOL. If you check in the fitness/exercise section of the forum I’m sure you’ll find some more in depth reviews of Turbo Jam.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    thats a fab start! good luck! you will get to goal in no time!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What a great start to your journey. It makes it a lot easier to stay motivated and commited when the scale starts to move! I did Taebo after Baby 1 and it's a lot of fun...it's just a little longer than I have time for now that Baby 2 is getting mobile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!